PDA

View Full Version : A bit of fun

james_tiger_woo
10-12-2007, 12:05 PM
This morning while driving to work, I drove over a massive plastic sheet - I thought little of it apart from the fact that I knew I hadn't seen it appear behind me.

While stuck in traffic, I noticed that a driver/passenger in the car next to me was/were trying to get my attention - Initially I ignored them, but I wound my window down the second time at which point they told me about the white sheet attatched to my car.

Pulled onto the hard shoulder and had a look - a massive 10x10foot white plastic sheet was attached to the back (and jammed under the mudflap) - after some swearing and pulling, I removed it - pretty unimpressed, but appreciative of having been told. I'll look shortly for other potential damage.

My question is this:

What other weird things have you gotten attached, inadvertantly, to your Passat???

Quatrelle
10-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Well yes, I've got attached to my Passat.

Not a Passat, but a VW (rear-engined) nonetheless - Many years ago, while camping in southern France we popped over the border into Spain to visit the Salvador Dali museum in Figueras. As we got back to the campsite we could hear a squeaking from under the car, and after I'd been groping around at the back for a few seconds, a small cat jumped off the engine/gearbox and shot off into the nearest bit of undergrowth. It must have got on there when we were parked in a street in Figueras! Never saw it again.

DaveNN
10-12-2007, 09:54 PM
This morning while driving to work, I drove over a massive plastic sheet - I thought little of it apart from the fact that I knew I hadn't seen it appear behind me.

While stuck in traffic, I noticed that a driver/passenger in the car next to me was/were trying to get my attention - Initially I ignored them, but I wound my window down the second time at which point they told me about the white sheet attatched to my car.

Pulled onto the hard shoulder and had a look - a massive 10x10foot white plastic sheet was attached to the back (and jammed under the mudflap) - after some swearing and pulling, I removed it - pretty unimpressed, but appreciative of having been told. I'll look shortly for other potential damage.

My question is this:

What other weird things have you gotten attached, inadvertantly, to your Passat???

A few Summers back I was clearing out the front garden & I spotted a frog sat on one of the garden refuse bags, near the back of the car. Next thing it had gone, so I though nothing more of it. Over the next few weeks the car started to stink like death (I had put it down to too many dodgy curries, or the kids!!). I couldn't find the source & decided to pull up my boot protector mats.Under which I found a 'mummified' frog.
Hope this qualifies for this thread..even though it was a Volvo V40!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

james_tiger_woo
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I've thought of another...

It was my last Passat B6 - A bird flew in front of the car, like they do - and I thought nothing of it. When I got to the airport (for 't'was where I was going), I got out and walked round the front of the car - where I found cedde bird wedged into the front grill....

Lovely....

Menenlily
27-03-2008, 08:35 PM
This didn't happen to me but my friend's Dad saw a massive pheasant die on the road ahead after being hit by another car, so he thought he'd pick it up and take it home for tea (this is in rural Dorset and probably not that unusual!). 10 minutes up the road he caught sight of something behind him and turned round to see the pheasant sitting up on the back seat, wide-eyed and fully-recovered. I don't know which of them was the most surprised.

bora(ing) nick
27-03-2008, 08:42 PM
lol...
Well not quite attached... but...

I was a passenger in my uncles passat cruising steadily along the motorway.... next thing you know a spade falls off of the tarmacing wagon in front and chops the oil sump in two. Didn't get the reg of the wagon, but boy was the m60 fun with the inside lane full of oil!

tommyweaves
27-03-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm considering attaching my wife

bora(ing) nick
28-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm considering attaching my wife

lol