PDA

View Full Version : ??? tracking problems

aligreen
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
i have had my 2002 polo SE 1.4l for 3 years and previously have had my tracking problems resolves. currently my car is pulling to the left dispite being told my tracking is fine my one garage, have my syeering checked and being given the ok for that then having 4 wheel alignment done, where i'm told my tracking was out considerably. Anyone else have the same problem or know what it may be?
on short journeys and lots of bends I can ignore it but on long ones my shoulder aches lots!!!

cheers ali

kenney
10-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi try changing your front wheels if it then pulls to the right it will be the tyres there is something wrong with

mgg
23-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Aligreen,

I am having the same problem with my 2001 Polo. I am convinced something is floating when it sees a high enough load. I went over a speed bump yesterday, at a reasonable speed, but felt/heard something "move". My tracking has now centred.

I should comment that i have just got all the front suspension bushes and wheel bearings replaced. It seemed to be fine before that, but then i never checked the tracking. Annoyingly my local VW dealer (Verve in Wishaw) don't do the tracking automatically after suspension overhaul. Therefore, they are telling me there is no detectable problem. Sigh... ;)

I've joined what looks like an excellent forum, to try to understand if this is a known design fault. If it is then i think it is more an annoyance than a safety critical problem. Otherwise the car is an exceptionally robust design.

Mart