PDA

View Full Version : Golf 1.4 Central locking

zontal529
23-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi all
New to all this, hope someone can help.
My 02 reg golf 1.4s has developed a problem with the central locking, the rear passenger side button either won't lock or unlock, at the same time the little red light at the side of the drivers pop up button has stopped flashing when locked, ( even if the rear passenger button IS down ( locked ) ),before i send it to the repair shop has anyone any idea what it's likely to be / cost and is it possible for a reasonably able person to DIY.

Thanks ( in advance ) to any one that can help.

MCCLATCHIE
18-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Please check me reply to alax.ce today 18-10-06
I have been into AUDI and they have advised me that were the control unit is under the carpet N/S front all is socking with water .This may be the problem.

zontal529
06-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi all
I know it's been a while - checked out MCCLATCHIE's answer & all was dry,so started asking any & everyone - found a friendly mechanic who suggested, as a first cheap try, to "WD" the door locks, his theory was that as the rear doors are not used much the sensors gather dust / moisture etc. Well, being a tight fisted old fart thought i'd give it a go, BINGO !!, after a couple of lock / unlock cycles the "button" has been behaving itself ever since - over a week now !!

Just thought I'd pass on the news. He also suggested a regular spraying ( once every 6 months ) on all the door locks - seems a good idea to me

MCCLATCHIE
07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
HI Thanks for the reply funny you mention that cleaning the lock thats
what I was planing this weekend.
As for the water leak AUDI were not that helpful just want you to pay out
all they told me was my pollen filter box was broken.With some close inspection and may be the same on all VW and AUDI car the part of the unit that was broken was the lid.This has a flexable rear lip that over time whan the filter is changed "SPLITS " and the water that should run away gets into the car. I advise all to Check this lid.