PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Devices

mas66
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi
Anyone got any thoughts, advice or recomendations around tracking devices ? good or bad ! ...... Best device, best fitting company etc etc

Thanks

Mark

RickT
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi,

I have a split view about them....

Point 1 - it's good for car insurance companies to help them manage costs been able to have a chance at recovering a car so they don't have to pay out full costs, which in turn helps keep insurance costs down as a a whole,

Point 2 - Helps the police catch the offenders if cars are parked in lock up's etc etc..

Point 3 - They do help your OWN insurance premium by keeping the cost down.

Point 3 - bit of a negative from a consumer point of view, who wants their car back after its been stolen after more than likely its been driven with no respect, thrashed etc etc...... i would prefer a pay out to be honest...

Also.. Once a car has been stolen from outside your home and you get the same car back, a lot of the time the thieves will be back as they know how to take it...

Rick

mas66
09-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi,

I have a split view about them....

Point 1 - it's good for car insurance companies to help them manage costs been able to have a chance at recovering a car so they don't have to pay out full costs, which in turn helps keep insurance costs down as a a whole,

Point 2 - Helps the police catch the offenders if cars are parked in lock up's etc etc..

Point 3 - They do help your OWN insurance premium by keeping the cost down.

Point 3 - bit of a negative from a consumer point of view, who wants their car back after its been stolen after more than likely its been driven with no respect, thrashed etc etc...... i would prefer a pay out to be honest...

Also.. Once a car has been stolen from outside your home and you get the same car back, a lot of the time the thieves will be back as they know how to take it...

Rick

I have to say Im a 100% with you on point 3 .... my only problem is that my current insurer wont insure my new car without one cos the replacement cost is over £40k

Cheers

Mark

RickT
09-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I have to say Im a 100% with you on point 3 .... my only problem is that my current insurer wont insure my new car without one cos the replacement cost is over £40k

Cheers

Mark

Well i guess it all comes down to the car you have and what the insurance company want to give you a fiar premuim..

Rick