PDA

View Full Version : Bose

downie
23-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi all. Just bought my S3 a few days ago. The standard sound system is not good. I see lots of bits on ebay for sale to change the speakers and head unit to the symphony units. Anyone know if this is possible without rewiring??

dgh938peg
24-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi there,

Not too sure but would be worth checking with an Audi dealer. The speakers & grilles will b a direct replacement. I know the A6 i have requires an additional BOSE amplifier in the boot to drive the sub-woofer. As far as the wiring loom goes i believe the Audi'a are all modular. The guy i bought my original 80 2.8 Quattro from had cruise control fitted to a used A4.

Also, I think the Symphony head unit requires a different centre console over the Concert system... The Concert unit is a single DIN size which is 180mm wide by 50mm deep. the Symphony system is 100mm deep. I know from looking for my A6 that this moves the Climate buttons and the ash tray changes to a sliding top rather than a pop-out drawer.

Your best bet is to look at another A3 that already has BOSE. What i am trying to say is don't rush in before you know how much work is involved!!!

Audimandan :Blush: