PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my MK3 Golf HELP

MK3_Golf_zak
08-12-2007, 01:55 AM
For Some Reason My Golf Keeps Staling And Wen Accelerating She Juses Loses Revs And Starts Judering...... Any Solutions Would Be Appreciated.

cr4igo
08-12-2007, 11:28 AM
my 1993 gti is doing the same i have changed ht leeds plugs distributer cap fuel filter.
does ur car only do it when u put ur foot down rapidly but not if u do it slow "like a 90year old in a clio"
craig

MK3_Golf_zak
09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
On the ocasion it is fine but it seems to do wether i put my foot flat out or if i do it lightly?????? Iv been told it could be the carb causing this but as its all electrical im ****** in trying to clean it... lol

Crasher
09-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Firstly, please do not swear, even slightly disguised. Secondly no Golf 3 has a carburettor and thirdly, what is your car and which year?

MK3_Golf_zak
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
sorry...... its a 1993 MK3 golf ryder... It looks like a carb wen removing air filter but this thing has more sensors and electronics in it then iv seen. and as this is my first VW i have no idea what it is...

Crasher
09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
The unit is a single point injector and they are very reliable apart from the positioner that controls the idle and occasionally the potentiometer that tells the ECU the position of the throttle. They don't need cleaning as the injector sprays onto the butterfly which keeps it spotlessly clean. You firstly need to get a fault code read done to see what codes may be stored such as coolant temperature sender but these are early management systems that often fail to register any codes. A common failing on these cars is the fuel pump but firstly I would recommend changing the fuel filter. I did one of these the other day that lost power and then picked up and this turned out to be a combination of coolant temp sender, burnt out ignition leads and a broken wire to the lambda sensor, none of which came up as a fault code. Your engine code will be ABD if it is a 1.4 or if it is a 1.8, either AAM or ABS.

MK3_Golf_zak
10-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanxs i will give them ago...