PDA

View Full Version : Rattle Rattle!!!!

Cpt Shed
08-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Hello to all,

On my way home from work today car behaved as it should until I got to a set of traffic lights, I could then hear a loud rattling from the car!!:confused:.

Perhaps I should give a clue, the car is a 98 1.9 tdi auto, everything works fine the rattle even goes away when the engine rev's are above 1100. The gears all seem to working fine & when you pull away the noise goes. Pull to a halt or let the revs drop down back comes the noise.

I think this smiley gives you a clue as what it sounds like:aargh4:!!!

Any Ideas?

Puzzled from Cornwall,

Eddie
08-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Hello to all,

On my way home from work today car behaved as it should until I got to a set of traffic lights, I could then hear a loud rattling from the car!!:confused:.

Perhaps I should give a clue, the car is a 98 1.9 tdi auto, everything works fine the rattle even goes away when the engine rev's are above 1100. The gears all seem to working fine & when you pull away the noise goes. Pull to a halt or let the revs drop down back comes the noise.

I think this smiley gives you a clue as what it sounds like:aargh4:!!!

Any Ideas?

Puzzled from Cornwall,
Is it a metallic rattle or a dull sounding rattle?

Cpt Shed
08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi Eddie,

Not a high pitched rattle, seems to be from the back of the engine,it was dark & raining when I got home, But its quite loud swmbo made a comment when I came up the drive!!

Nige'