PDA

View Full Version : 18 or 19inch wheels on Passat b6 Estate

petera1979
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I want to upgrade my wheels but not sure what to go for, 18 or 19:confused:

I was looking at the NEW RS4 alloys. I love the look of them on the RS4 estate. Also I want to stay with VW or Audi alloys as I dont want the boy racer look.

I also want to drop the car too. Does anybody know if i fit 19's if they will rub when lowered and not lowered. The same goes with the 18's. Also how much can I lower the car on 18s and 19s before any rubbing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quatrelle
08-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi and welcome

Have a read through these two threads - the latter half of the first one has an interesting 'warning'

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=19819

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=19019

petera1979
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi and welcome

Have a read through these two threads - the latter half of the first one has an interesting 'warning'

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=19819

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=19019

Thanks for the info. I will go for 18s and won't go beyond 15mm when lowering it.

Will it still be ok to use the car without lowering it for a while?

DSGboy
09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
I'd be worried about invalidating your insurance?

Andymac
14-08-2008, 09:16 PM
If You Have A Standard Passat Sport, Could You Put 30kg Sand Bags Under The Back Seat On Each Side To Lower The Centre Of Gravity And Get It Slightly Lower? Extra Weight But May Look Better And Handle Better If You Travel Alone Most Of The Time On Country Roads?

james_tiger_woo
15-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Spudrig has some 18s on his Passat saloon - Not an estate, but it might give you an idea of how it looks....

http://lh3.ggpht.com/james.niclair/SF90rp6ZPcI/AAAAAAAABOs/AT7saQcx9G4/s800/18s-3.jpg

Spudrig
15-08-2008, 10:39 AM
James thanks for showing my car off!!:D:D. Btw, the spoiler is sprayed now and I'm just waiting for a dry day to put it on. It's been raining every day for the past week here. I've got my clear indicator lenses on it now as well, they look much better, I'll get a photo up soon

james_tiger_woo
15-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Cool - I'm liking the 18 look - I am, however, wondering yours should be compeltely de-chromed :) ha ha :)

Spudrig
15-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Ahh I don't know about that lol:D:D. Honestly, the chrome grills are a complete godsend, they make the car look much better!! I've been told that my car looks like a Bentley?? from the front by two people already!!:D:D

james_tiger_woo
15-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Not sure about looking like a Bentley ... :D

Spudrig
15-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I know I don't know where they can see that from! It must be all the chrome dazzling them so they can't see properly:p:D:D.

Btw, if I could get completely black versions of my wheels, then I might consider the de - chroming of the full car.....

Only joking!!:D

Andymac
15-08-2008, 11:05 AM
2 weeks on monday chaps and I will be posting up the pics of the new Bomber - thanks for the help - any thoughts on the "Sandbags Under The Back Seats Job"???

Spudrig
15-08-2008, 11:09 AM
2 weeks on monday chaps and I will be posting up the pics of the new Bomber - thanks for the help - any thoughts on the "Sandbags Under The Back Seats Job"???

You are not seriously considering that are you!!!!?? It will cripple fuel comsumption but I have to admit, it will look cool. I went on holidays at teh end of June and with the boot carrying 100kg of luggage, the car looked much better as it was riding low at the back. The front didn't even seem to rise up either. The only problem was the speed ramps and the mudflaps trailing going over them, but they must be made of something really hard as they are not even scratched!!!:D:D

andy4976
17-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I've just bought a set of 18" Chicago alloys with 235/40/18 tyres , not fitted as yet, should be early next week, will post pics when fitted.

I did ask and was told should have not problems with rubbing etc

Spudrig
18-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Andy you will have no problems with rubbing, mines doesn't rub at all even on full lock.

andy4976
18-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Andy you will have no problems with rubbing, mines doesn't rub at all even on full lock.

Excellent as soon as I get mine back from VW i'll get them fitted, cars in getting new DMF, clutch kit and various other bits and bobs, I'll post pics when fitted

:beerchug:

Andymac
26-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Any joy with pics? I need a fix of Chicago Wheels, its 6 more sleeps till mine arrives!

andy4976
26-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Here you go M8, sorry for the delay.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/passatph004a.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/passatph001b.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/passatph006.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/passatph009b.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/passatph012c.jpg

What do you think ?

Spudrig
27-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Absolutely sweet looking!

andy4976
27-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Absolutely sweet looking!

Cheers M8

once i get my chrome window surrounds and maybe some chrome roof rails from an SEL, I'll be happy :Blush:

Andymac
27-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Well done Andy - Very impressed - Many thanks for the pics - It looks the business. Somehow it looks good without the chrome window strips when in black. My one will be silver with chrome and same wheels with set of Thule Aero Bars and Pro Bike Racks on top.
Is this not a Sport then? Why did it not come with chrome trim?
10/10 - cant week until next week now to post up my pics - best regards

Spudrig
27-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm actually liking the black window surrounds too! My car is only an S spec so doesnt have the chrome and I'm used to it now, especially as my car is black too.:D

andy4976
28-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Well done Andy - Very impressed - Many thanks for the pics - It looks the business. Somehow it looks good without the chrome window strips when in black. My one will be silver with chrome and same wheels with set of Thule Aero Bars and Pro Bike Racks on top.
Is this not a Sport then? Why did it not come with chrome trim?
10/10 - cant week until next week now to post up my pics - best regards

Hi Andy,

Sounds nice m8, I do like it much better with the bigger wheels, as for no chrome, on certain 55/06 plates cars VW substituted the chrome window trim with a 6 disc changer in the glovebox, ( don't ask me why) hence why mines is chromeless.
I got the rear window trim today from VW, they were supposed to be doing me a good deal on the trim ( so customer care tell me) but I'm still waiting so just ordered the rear for the time being .... she a 2.0 TDI Sport (140).

Get some pics posted as soon as you get these wheels, it will be interesting to see how they look on a silver sport

Andy

wh431
28-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Andy,

Look awsome !! If i may ask, How much did it cost altogether?

I am wondering ifgetting these from VW in germany would cost less than VW Uk.

Thanks

andy4976
28-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Andy,

Look awsome !! If i may ask, How much did it cost altogether?

I am wondering ifgetting these from VW in germany would cost less than VW Uk.

Thanks

I got an excellent deal on them , I started getting prices of £ 785.00 for the complete wheel and tyre package, these are VW chicago replicas, now VW wheels, but the exact same, I eventually played each company against each other, but ( i won't bore you with the full story) ended up getting them from the supplier direct, who supplied all the companies I had dealt with.

4 X 18" chicago replicas alloys fitted with 235/40/18 accera tyres, fitted and digitally balanced
16 chrome wheel bolts
4 X locking wheel bolts
4 VW centre caps

all for......... £460.00

Andymac
31-08-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=156

Here it is...
Passat Sport 140 2.0TDI
Chicago 18" Alloys, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Rear and Side Window Blinds, Tom Tom, I-Pod Connection, Passat Etched Tax Disc Holder, Quiksilver Decals, Rear DVD for Bambino. Thule Pro Bike Rack.
Standard Passat Highline from Deck to Wheel Arch at rear - 72cm, mine - 65cm!
Hope you like the contribution to Exec Bling?!

james_tiger_woo
01-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I got an excellent deal on them , I started getting prices of £ 785.00 for the complete wheel and tyre package, these are VW chicago replicas, now VW wheels, but the exact same, I eventually played each company against each other, but ( i won't bore you with the full story) ended up getting them from the supplier direct, who supplied all the companies I had dealt with.

4 X 18" chicago replicas alloys fitted with 235/40/18 accera tyres, fitted and digitally balanced
16 chrome wheel bolts
4 X locking wheel bolts
4 VW centre caps

all for......... £460.00

Nice - who/where from?? :D

Spudrig
01-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Here it is...
Passat Sport 140 2.0TDI
Chicago 18" Alloys, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Rear and Side Window Blinds, Tom Tom, I-Pod Connection, Passat Etched Tax Disc Holder, Quiksilver Decals, Rear DVD for Bambino. Thule Pro Bike Rack.
Standard Passat Highline from Deck to Wheel Arch at rear - 72cm, mine - 65cm!
Hope you like the contribution to Exec Bling?!

Andy was the lowering from 72cm to 65cm a result of the 'sandbags under the back seat'???:p:p

Looks good though!!

Andymac
01-09-2008, 09:28 AM
TBH - Kind-of!
2 x bags of B&Q Builders Sand in a Clear Gab placed inside the Spare Wheel did the trick another 20mm or so. With a little work gear in neat new boxes in the back it seems to be just about right.
Compaired to a collegue's Standard Highline it makes his look "Jacked Up" like The Startsky & Hutch Mobile!
Very Happy with the Passat Sport - Cant wait to drive North to Golspie for a mountain bike event this weekend and get a few miles in. Many thanks.

Andymac
01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Can anyone tell me what the benifit is of the small Black Fins sticking out of the wheel arches? None of the other cars in the fleet have this! Is it something that only the Sport with Chicago Wheels has and why???

james_tiger_woo
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Which small black fins?

Andymac
01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Sticking out from each wheel arch is a small black fin approx 40mm long, like a spray deflector or wind deflector as part of the plastic underneath the wheel arches?!

james_tiger_woo
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Am going to have to look later....

Spudrig
01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what the benifit is of the small Black Fins sticking out of the wheel arches? None of the other cars in the fleet have this! Is it something that only the Sport with Chicago Wheels has and why???

Andy it might have something to do with the bigger wheels. Are they wider than the wheel arches? If so, I think there is some stupid law that states that the tyre tread is not allowed to be visible if you look directly down from above the car. I remember reading in Evo or CAR magazine that the arches on the Focus ST with 20" rims had little fins on them for that reason. I don't know the full details about it so I might be wrong as I'm no expert!!!! But isnt that why alot of people who customise their car with bigger (i.e not stock) wheels take them off for MOT??

Andymac
01-09-2008, 01:47 PM

I have uploaded 2 pics of the fins I refer to my photo album above - Hope someone can enlighten me on this?

Andymac
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
These wheels are as pupplied by the dealer - please check photos. They are not very big and certainly only noticible when up close. Its just that the others dont have them, but they are only on 17" wheels on Highline models.

Spudrig
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Andy see my post above, it might have something to do with it!!!

Spudrig
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Ignore that post sorry!

Andy if you look directly down on the front wheel from above can you see any tyre tread??

andy4976
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Andy,

your new car looks the bees knees, very nice indeed.

Hope you enjoy it m8 :beerchug:

dicdif
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Did Andy4976 ever fess up as to where he got the deal?

I'm new to this forum, I have a 57 plate 2.0tdi se estate, and I'm in the market for a set of chicagos. His contact would be of great value to me, or for that matter info from anyone else who has bought some.

andy4976
03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Did Andy4976 ever fess up as to where he got the deal?

I'm new to this forum, I have a 57 plate 2.0tdi se estate, and I'm in the market for a set of chicagos. His contact would be of great value to me, or for that matter info from anyone else who has bought some.

I thought I'd provided this info, okay maybe not...
To get to the point I basically played allot off companies off each other to
get the best deal, I started off about £695.00 supplied, with 1/2 decent tyres , I eventually got them from a local dealer just down the road called Motorsport Wheels, wheels supplied with tyres fitted, (235/40/18) 4 locking wheel bolts, chrome bolts and VW centre caps, all for............... £460.00

There you go

TL07
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I thought I'd provided this info, okay maybe not...
To get to the point I basically played allot off companies off each other to
get the best deal, I started off about £695.00 supplied, with 1/2 decent tyres , I eventually got them from a local dealer just down the road called Motorsport Wheels, wheels supplied with tyres fitted, (235/40/18) 4 locking wheel bolts, chrome bolts and VW centre caps, all for............... £460.00

There you go

Chaps with the replica Chicago rims.

I am looking into getting a set of Chicago’s 18" rims for my Passat estate and have been advised not to purchase them as apparently the lacquer peals off them fairly quickly, have you had anything like this happen to yours?

Cheers

Tom

Andymac
11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Ive had mine for 7 months and they get presure washed at work everyweek and in sites etc - I really look after it and all wheels are perfect - Just dont give it to the wife to park and you will be good ; ) If you buy them new you will always have a warranty. My last Passat had 65,000mls with standard SE alloys at 2 years when it when in for a service I complained some of the lacker was lifting only because of stone chips and me presure washing them so hard in the winter - The replaced them FOC no questions asked - Hadwins at Lindel Cumbria - Top VW Dealer in the Lakes:beerchug:

dicdif
12-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Andymac,

Sounds like you shelled out for VW original rims?
I too heard a few Scares TL07, and have a mate with aftermarket Golf GTI rims that at 8 months old are looking rather tatty ( car hand washed weekly) not good.

So I bought a set of VW original Interlagos rims (Passat CC & Scirroco) they are 18 x 8's ET 41 fitted them with 235 40 18 sport contact 3 continentals in the end.

Must say they look the business and fitted easily too.

andy4976
12-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Chaps with the replica Chicago rims.

I am looking into getting a set of Chicago’s 18" rims for my Passat estate and have been advised not to purchase them as apparently the lacquer peals off them fairly quickly, have you had anything like this happen to yours?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom
I personally wouldn’t go for a polished finish, I no longer have my Chicago alloys after 4 months and 3000 miles later every alloy began to corrode, they were being hand washed every weekend, but this didn’t seem to make any difference, I now have a set of RS4 alloys, mine were replicas but what I’ve been told the VW ones can just be as bad, unless you keep them spotless, salt, brake dust, etc just seems to attack them, the company I bought them from reluctantly exchanged them for another design.
Good luck m8 if you do go for the polished finish.
These are what I've got fitted now
Andy

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/sonyeric021.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/sonyeric020.jpg

TL07
12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Chaps thanks for the info and advice.

It sounds like the only option that I have is to either buy the original VW Chicago rims at £400 a piece to get the warranty cover if they do deteriorateor go with another style of rim. I do like the RS4 rims but my farther has an A4 S Line and has these exact rims fitted, we have some strange unwritten car competition going on, so fitting these to mine would be like admitting that his car looks better than mine, very strange, I know!!!!!!!…:confused:

Andy4976 do you know the manufacture makes your rs4 replica alloys? Also what manufacture and tyre size are you running?

Andymac, am I correct in assuming that you brought the original VW Chicago Rims from VW and not replicas?

Thanks again for the info

Tom

Andymac
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
My wheels came with the car as its seen - check out kmy photo album - The whole car came from VW as speced with the Chicago Alloys. I would say you need the sports suspension to haqve the 18" wheels - something to do with the geometry for handling etc. I cannot fault them the look mega and everywhere I go people comment on the car - Im really pleased - There aint no substitute for the real thing!

TL07
12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
My wheels came with the car as its seen - check out kmy photo album - The whole car came from VW as speced with the Chicago Alloys. I would say you need the sports suspension to haqve the 18" wheels - something to do with the geometry for handling etc. I cannot fault them the look mega and everywhere I go people comment on the car - Im really pleased - There aint no substitute for the real thing!

Andymac

I thought you must have original VW rims. Indeed your Passat looks good. Do you know if you can have the sports suspension fitted as an aftermarket addition from VW? I brought a 07 SE (25K miles) two weeks ago but really wanted a sport however the deal I got on the price was far too good to turn down. But I would like to make it look like a sport module, with in reason from a cost perspective though.

Andymac
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Sorry I vant help there - Im not tech minded that way - Money is the thing - I was lucky that mine was a company car and I just picked what I wanted as Im known for looking after my cars. Must say I wouldnt change it for anything at the moment - Although have just bought my wife the new Ford Fiesta in the Hot Mgentta Reddy Pink!?

TL07
12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry I vant help there - Im not tech minded that way - Money is the thing - I was lucky that mine was a company car and I just picked what I wanted as Im known for looking after my cars. Must say I wouldnt change it for anything at the moment - Although have just bought my wife the new Ford Fiesta in the Hot Mgentta Reddy Pink!?

Andymac
Ok, thanks for your help. The Ford Fiesta sounds interesting!!!!!

TL07
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Tom
I personally wouldn’t go for a polished finish, I no longer have my Chicago alloys after 4 months and 3000 miles later every alloy began to corrode, they were being hand washed every weekend, but this didn’t seem to make any difference, I now have a set of RS4 alloys, mine were replicas but what I’ve been told the VW ones can just be as bad, unless you keep them spotless, salt, brake dust, etc just seems to attack them, the company I bought them from reluctantly exchanged them for another design.
Andy

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/sonyeric021.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/andy4976/sonyeric020.jpg

Andy

Did your Passat come with it's chrome grill or did you purchase separately? If so could you enlighten me as to where you acquired it please?

Cheers Tom

Andymac
12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Fiesta is a girls car and the wife will love it - I wouldnt be seen dead in it - The Passat is macho and great for business but still looks good for the boys when loaded up heading mountain biking at the weekends - Sporty but Classy "that's the way ahu ahu we like it ahu ahu"! Rock On! Best of luck with the wheels - please send or post a pic when you get there.

TL07
12-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Fiesta is a girls car and the wife will love it - I wouldnt be seen dead in it - The Passat is macho and great for business but still looks good for the boys when loaded up heading mountain biking at the weekends - Sporty but Classy "that's the way ahu ahu we like it ahu ahu"! Rock On! Best of luck with the wheels - please send or post a pic when you get there.

Andy another question for you.

Have you tried any of the external rear bike carriers either tow bar mounted or boot mounted? I am not keen on putting my bike in the car post ride because of the amount of s%$t it has on it or putting on the roof as most of the car parking sports where we start the trails from have height limiters to get into them, it is a pain in the **** when you have lift off all the bikes before you can park? I had a Thule boot mounted 3 bike carrier on my old MK4 golf which worked really well but due to the spoiler on Passat it will not fit.

damo140
13-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi Tom
Andy

Interesting Andy, I was going to get the replica chigago's as well and was told that they would corrode. Like you, went for the new RS4's. I love them! Got mine from Skidz in Falkirk, great service from them at a great price as well

Andymac
13-03-2009, 09:40 AM
I have ran Thule Rook bike rack for mountain bikes for many years and all my mates and brother have the same - There is no substitute for them they are clearly the best and look the best - I bought mine from a company in Livingston on-line - Rookrackcompany and the price was mega. Again on the Chicago wheels - there is no substitute for the real thing - My cars are company cars and do mega milage in all conditions and never a problem. I cannot endorse all these products enough. :beerchug:

andy4976
13-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Andy

Did your Passat come with it's chrome grill or did you purchase separately? If so could you enlighten me as to where you acquired it please?

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

sorry for the delayed reply, I'm running 234/40/18 mid range tyres for the life of me I can't remember the make fitted, no issues with rubbing at all, as for the chrome grill, this was a DIY job , the chrome strip i bought from Lidl, just took my time cutting the strips with a new stanley blade, fits a treat and look great and all for £4.99.

Best of luck with your alloy wheel search, post up some pictures once you get them fitted, I would steer clear of a polished finish I'm glad I returned mine for a normal finish, having said that theydid look great, especially on a black car.

andy4976
13-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Interesting Andy, I was going to get the replica chigago's as well and was told that they would corrode. Like you, went for the new RS4's. I love them! Got mine from Skidz in Falkirk, great service from them at a great price as well

Hi M8

I've only had mine fitted for a few weeks now but very happy with them, can be a bugger to clean , I got mine from motor sport wheel in glasgow, like skidz very good service also.

Can you post some pictures, so I can se how they look on a saloon

cheers

damo140
14-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi M8

I've only had mine fitted for a few weeks now but very happy with them, can be a bugger to clean , I got mine from motor sport wheel in glasgow, like skidz very good service also.

Can you post some pictures, so I can se how they look on a saloon

cheers

Andy, have a look below, I'll take some better pics as soon as the weather improves:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62832

andy4976
14-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Andy, have a look below, I'll take some better pics as soon as the weather improves:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62832

Very nice indeed, like wise as soon as the weather gets up I'need to take some nice photos.

Nice car m8

mccoll32
15-03-2009, 05:54 PM
hi

andy4976
15-03-2009, 10:54 PM
hi

Im new and i have 19inch R32 allows in mint condition, lowered suspension privacy glass etc

the handlings great !!!http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=324&pictureid=1098

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=324&pictureid=1101
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=324&pictureid=1103

Very nice indeed , love the alloys your car looks mint, what model is it ?, SE, Sport ?, any issues with those alloys rubbing on the arches ?

Spudrig
15-03-2009, 10:55 PM
mccoll32 now that looks amazing, the R32 wheels are really nice :D

mccoll32
16-03-2009, 05:24 PM
b

Spudrig
16-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Look here mccoll, its on photobucket and I dont know of I have embedded the link properly. Im useless with computers :p

http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/

http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/Passat%20Spoiler%20Side%20on/

Ian Sport TDi
17-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Mccol32, that looks really sweet! What do gthey ride like on 19's? I have a black TDi Sport estate and not sure whether to go 18's or 19's. I still think 18's look to small on such a large car!

Ian.

james_tiger_woo
17-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Spudrig's car:

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/6C74B98B.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/226DCE10.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/F34550B5.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/3D94FA84.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m406/Spudrig/Passat%20Spoiler%20Side%20on/E524EA2C.jpg

Spudrig
17-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Cheers James, I still dont know how to embed the photos in the post :p. Cheers for doing it for me :beerchug:

mccoll32
17-03-2009, 07:16 PM
bju

mccoll32
17-03-2009, 07:18 PM
nkx

DSGMATT
17-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi McColl,

I have the same model (DSG) in Reflex Silver - I had noticed that your car has colour coded sills and Bumper Skirts. Is that an easy job for a bodyshop to do as they are texturised? If you dont mind me asking what did it cost you for this? Also same for the lowering - Awesome Gti have quoted £400 to lower mine with 30mm springs only.

Do you mind telling me how low you have gone and how you did it - springs or dampers etc.

I agree with the 19"s filling the arches - but I am apprehensive as worried about voiding the warranty or breaking the DSG.

Thanks in advance,

Matt :D

Aaftab
17-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey McColl, what supension components did you change? was it springs and dampers, coil over kit? Could you tell me what brand and part you went for and where you got it fitted. Could you also tell me of the offset of the alloys please. Sorry for all the qs, i love your car!!!!

Spudrig
18-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Im loving the lower chrome grill on your passat spudrig, looks amazing :D

Cheers mccoll, it was James Tiger Woo that got the chrome grills last year for a few of us on here, if you want to contact him about it :p

mccoll32
18-03-2009, 05:46 PM
n

damo140
19-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Those 19's look fantastic!

mccoll32
19-03-2009, 09:34 PM
n

HERALD328
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
i have a big wheel ! !! ! ! !