PDA

View Full Version : increasing performance, mk3

sashwillrise
07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I was jsut wonderign on ideas of how to increase the performance of a MK3 golf, 75bhp, 1.6L. Its literally just passed its MOT, though the mechanics werent too happy with the exhaust. So i was thinking of getting a new full system, as a result. As wella s this xmas is coming up and as is my bday :) so i was hoping to increase and get parts to increas its bhp and overall performance. You guys have any ideas? Ive heard of the chips remapping and induction kits :1zhelp:

thanks

Alun
08-12-2007, 01:36 AM
the key to making a car go faster is to start with a fast car to begin with! You could get a K&N air filter, exhaust system, and a tune up/chip. Then theres big money to be spent on cams, various types of engine work, or even turbos/superchargers but the latter is BIG money. Or you could try an engine swap.

sashwillrise
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
thanks, just intrested how i could improve it, i know its best to start buyign a fast car,l but im at uni so thats not gonna happen for a long time, so was interested in how to improve mine for a while. i noticed youvedone somework on ur engine, looks like you have some new things put into your golf alun.