PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Activated Kerb View

lambic
06-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi,

I've just taken delivery of a Golf Match 1.9 TDI with the Luxury Pack (

Electrically foldable door mirrors, reverse activated kerb-view
adjustment on passenger’s door mirror and rear reading lights).

I cant get the kerb view function to work. The manual states that it's set in the Convenience Menu - Mirror Down. This is set to On, but when I engage reverse gear the mirror doesn't do anything.
Can anybody shed any light on it?

Cheers

Wazza_G
06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
There's a small rotary knob on the arm of the drivers door (above the window switches), with L, 0, R at the bottom which is the adjustment for the wing mirrors positioning, all you need to do is ensure that the knob is in the L position and it should tilt the left hand mirror as soon as you engage reverse.

lambic
06-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Ah! I'll try that tomorrow. Not going out now as it's chucking it down!

Thanks

Wazza_G
06-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Well that's where it is on my GT Sport, but knowing car manufacturers, they'll have probably moved it for your model! :rolleyes:

lambic
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Found it! Switched it to L & the mirror moved when reverse selected. However, it didn't seem to move very much though, was expecting more tilt downwards than I got!

Cheers

Wazza_G
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
It doesn't need to, it's just so you can see the kerbline, so yo don't hit it and damage your wheels.

richwig83
11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Found it! Switched it to L & the mirror moved when reverse selected. However, it didn't seem to move very much though, was expecting more tilt downwards than I got!

Cheers

When selecting reverse, is it not possible to then adjust the mirror position and it remember it?

lambic
14-12-2007, 01:31 PM
When selecting reverse, is it not possible to then adjust the mirror position and it remember it?

I'll give that a go!

Thanks for all the replies.

bw10030
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
OK, had the same issue with my new Estate. You have to set up the default positions. I went to 2 dealers before one of their mechanics found out how to do it - it's not in the handbook! Here's how:

1: With the ignition on and the car in neutral, adjust both mirrors for the 'normal ' driving position.

2: Check the 'mirror down' function on the conmputer is selected 'on'.

3: Engine off, ignition on, car in reverse, move the mirror swith to 'L' and adjust the mirror so you can see the kerb;

4: Still in reverse, turn the ignition off - this stores the 'dipped position.

5 Select neutral;

Job done. Now when you have the ignition on and select reverse with the mirror switch in 'L' position, or select 'L' when in reverse, the mrror will dip to the stored position. When you take it out of reverse, it stays dipped, and only returns to 'normal' when going forwards at walking pace.

Good luck trying the above - it's not obvious is it?