PDA

View Full Version : s3 Brakes

phillig_s3
20-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I had my s3 serviced last week and was advised that brakes will need renewing soon, just wondered if any one had any recommendations on what to fit, don't really fancy opting for a brake conversion kit as was not planning on spending that much(and need both front, rear, discs and pads), but would consider maybe uprated pads and discs. If anyone has any experience or advice on whats best to fit (or whether to stick with standard) and where to buy from it would be much appreciated. :confused:

Thanks

phillig_s3.

dgh938peg
21-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Be very careful here my friend.

i thought the same on a car that did have braking issues, my 94 Coupe 16v. i fitted Ferodo cross drilled discs with Greenstuff pads. The buggers warped inside 3000 miles

From my experience of driving S3's the brakes are fantastic. It may be that yours are worn to the point where thay're not delivering performance. If you do decide on aftermarket stuff definitely go on personal recommendation. How many miles has it covered - it may be the calipers need refurbing...

Audimandan :biglaugh:

phillig_s3
23-09-2006, 01:01 PM
The car has just clocked up 60,000 miles. It was basically an advisory note from the garage (main dealer) but I have got to admit I have never had no issues with the brakes and even now I'am not experiencing any problems (they have always been very good!). This is one of the reasons I'am possibly considering just fitting standard oe items.
I did fit some ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff pads to a clio 16v I used to own, but I was not totally convinced with them although I never experienced any problems, but I was just after some advice as I would prefer to get it right first time.

downie
23-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I bought my S3 only a month ago but the guy who owned it before said he had looked at this but the only benefit was to be gained from bigger discs and pads and unless you fancy forking out for new bigger callipers, stick with the stock item, they are more than good enough.

phillig_s3
26-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the help and advice I think Iam going to stick with the stock items, I have just got to get some prices on the parts now.
Cheers.