PDA

View Full Version : Audi S4 Avant wheel faults

submissionpete
20-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i am looking for any possible information/help from anybody. i am lokking at purchasing an audi s4 avant. probably about an 53plate model with the 4.2 engine. i will be using it in connection with my business and expect to pile the miles on a bit. i am the boss and have decided it was about time to treat myself to a nice car but don't want to go as far as the RS4!!! not yet anyway!! Are there any problems with the wheels? someone i know has an s4avant and has just had new wheels fitted due to them going out of shape. they were replaced under warranty. is this a common thing? i am worried about buying a car and find that i'm having to replace the wheels all the time. i do heavy mileage, just done 20k in 3.5months!!! any help or info would be gratfefully received.

dgh938peg
21-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi there,

My father is a recently retires Sales Exec with Audi and is not something he has heard of. There was a recent recall done on the A8 wheels of a certain year, type and batch. i would not have thought your friend had A8 wheels on an S4?

Best of luck with the S4 and i wouldn't worry about the wheels.

Audimandan :biglaugh: