PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem

TheMadhatter
04-12-2007, 10:20 AM
I have a 2002 TDi sport.

Over the the last 3 nights my alarm has started going off randomly for about 10 seconds at a time. It did it on Saturday night and has been doing it again last night.

I have just noticed that when I unlock the doors the indicators flash, but when I lock the doors the indicators don't flash. On Sunday and Monday all was working as it should.

Also pressing the lock button on the remote or turning the key in the lock twice does not seem to turn off the alarm.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this, or which fuse to take out, before I upset everyone on the street !!!

TUG
04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
The same has happend to me on monday???:confused:
but last night i think it was ok??

TheMadhatter
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah mine seemed to go away, but it's back again.

TheMadhatter
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok been to the local dealer and they said, water leak into foot well.

I have lifted up the carpet and the control box is dry, but there is water behind the blower and that was all over the wiring on the left hand side. Looks like water is getting in throught the pollen filter housing. The tray under the battery looks bone dry so I don't think the drain holes are blocked.

What's the best way to fix this ? and how do you seal the pollen filter housing properly ?

sidj
05-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi
I have been having the same problem. I saw somewhere that to turn the vents to recirculate so that the wind does not get through to trip the sensors.
On here http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070101150829AA65IDK

Have a looksie. Going to try anything at the moment.

Let you know if that works.

thx
Sid

southamptonadi
05-12-2007, 11:43 AM
hello had this problem water was running down left side of passanger side behind plastic trim where there is relays and switches look at the bottom right one think it is yellow has a red and white wire going in and out take this off if you can dry out and put back seemed to fix the problem for me

adi :Blush:

TheMadhatter
05-12-2007, 03:44 PM
All done.

I cleaned and dried off the connectors with electrical cleaner, all is working fine now.

Have also reseated the pollen filter with some silicon gasket stuff instead of the foam rubber ring. There was a lot of crud stuck around the two bolts that hold the filter in place on the right (looking from front). This was probably making a little dam for the water to collect in and then poor into the car.

I Have the glove box out and the carpet propped up with some bits of wood to let it all dry out, and see if I have fixed the leak.

Thank god the alarm started playing up as the top of the carpet was still dry and I would not have noticed this leak.

So VW what no recal on this ? making to much money from replacing carpets and control boxes ?

southamptonadi
08-12-2007, 06:21 PM
isent it so satisfying when you finaly fix the problem (well my neighbours were glad anyway when i fixed mine

TheMadhatter
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes it is, but the car after six months has lost its halo lol, seems every car I Have is going to leak water.

Replacing the pollen filter seal took me 45mins including removing the wipers and plastic bit at bottom of windscreen. So why have VW not done this when the cars go in for service, or at least advised that the seal is replaced ? they know about it and looking on this forum it seem to be the No1 problem with the Passat.

When I was at the dealers getting mine diagnosed some poor ******* had just paid £800 for new ccu and the carpet being taken out and cleaned, which could have been avoided for a £5 tube of silicon gasket ????

southamptonadi
10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
when i fixed mine broke the water deflector (the black trim) went to dealer brought a new one and asked for a new gasket they dont make them they use what looks like liquorice to seal it and they gave me half a metre free, suppose they have quite a lot of people asking.
adi

sompop
10-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I have a 2002 TDi sport.

Over the the last 3 nights my alarm has started going off randomly for about 10 seconds at a time. It did it on Saturday night and has been doing it again last night.

I have just noticed that when I unlock the doors the indicators flash, but when I lock the doors the indicators don't flash. On Sunday and Monday all was working as it should.

Also pressing the lock button on the remote or turning the key in the lock twice does not seem to turn off the alarm.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this, or which fuse to take out, before I upset everyone on the street !!!

looks like i and many others are having the same problem, although touch wood-mine has been okay today, i'm trying to find out which fuse to pull for a temporary fix but it sounds like water is getting in somewhere and affecting the wiring in the passenger footwell