PDA

View Full Version : Parrot handsfree in '05 Mk5 2.0TDI

architect
02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi there
I need to install a handsfree kit and the parrot 3200LS looks good.
Anyone got any advice on who could do a good job for me in Cornwall?(not Halfords)
Any advice generally?
Thanks in advance

Nicks
02-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi there
I need to install a handsfree kit and the parrot 3200LS looks good.
Anyone got any advice on who could do a good job for me in Cornwall?(not Halfords)
Any advice generally?
Thanks in advance

hey mate

320ls isn't the head unit is it? why not get the head unit it looks the bomb and has all the features but better not cheap mind but should be easy to install!

architect
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Do you mean the 3200ls plus which has built in mic?
If so I agree - that would be a better choice as long as it picks up voice ok
cheers

Nicks
03-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Do you mean the 3200ls plus which has built in mic?
If so I agree - that would be a better choice as long as it picks up voice ok
cheers

Na I'm thinking of the cd player head unit..

looks better than any sony thing out there purely because it updates it's self with your address book.. where as the others your be there for hours and hours doing it your self..bit by bit..

here is the new version coming out, might even be out?

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/624/new-parrot-rk8200-bluetooth-headunit-can-hide-your-secret-stash

or this is the current model.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MEX-BT2500-car-head-Bluetooth/dp/B000NIZQEE

I haven't got one but I'm def thinking about it.. but then again have they changed the design in mk5 where the head unit goes.. might not be as easy as I first thought..

I'm actually thinking of buying a GTI mk5. how is yours doing, any problems so far?

Nicks
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
It's all about KERNOW!

architect
03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your advice will give some thought to that unit and look on parrot site. Thing is the car is going into dealer this week to have audio unit replaced under warrantee. I'm v. impressed with the golf. Its the first vw ive had and 140 bhp is the business. I have read that the gti is not worth the cash but I'm certainly not an expert. I like the understated look of gt's. I guess the 170 would be better for you.
Kernow is the best place although can't claim to be Cornish! but Welsh
Its all about Celts...:beerchug:

Nicks
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
yo!

I had a look at the mk5 gti and it's sweet!
but yeah it's simple you'll need something that will cost around 15 quid.. some sort of spacer. but vw will tell u all about it. what garage do ya visit down here if I may ask!?

Nicks
07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
did you end up getting your parrot device!? and which one if so?