PDA

View Full Version : seat ibiza chill clutch problem

clutchless
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
i have a seat ibiza chill year 02. it has always had a heavy clutch. 8 weeks ago i had problems changing gears and eventually no gears at all. took it to my local garage who said i had broken the clutch frame unit? think thats the right name. this was done at a cost of £360 and car was ok until yesterday when on changing from 4th to 5th i heard a click when pressing the clutch pedal and again could not get gears. garage came and towed the car away and said that the frame they fitted was now bent because of the heavy clutch, and that it now needs a new clutch. they say they will straighten and weld the part they fitted and a new clutch will solve the problem They say that the clutch must have got even heavier with age and that i have not noticed it. mileage when they fitted the part was approx 60,000 and i have done approx 1500 miles sincecan anyone help as i do not know whether this is right or not:mad:

nayscar
25-04-2009, 02:45 PM
hi clutchless, not sure it's what you're after,but i've just posted a problem with what you garage called the clutch frame, the one in my daughter's ibiza has bent and broken, the bracket is painfully thin for what it has to do,ive bodged it once now its gone ,and i'm trying to replace it,nightmare.