PDA

View Full Version : New A6 and AMI

jmkirby
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Just took delivery of my new A6 a few weeks ago, a 2.7TDI SE saloon, and I am delighted with it so far. Smooth, powerful, combined fuel consumption in line with expectations at around 37mpg.

I particularly like the Audi Music Interface, which I am using with a 80GB iPod Classic. The interface emulates the iPOD menus and can be operated from the steering wheel as well as from the MMI. The tracks selected are displayed both on the large colour display on the dashboard as well as on the small colour display next to the speedo. Altogether a very neat job and AMI integrates well with the phone and radio supplied in the Comms Pack 2 option.:approve:

James

a8 tech
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Hello Kirby,glad your happy qnd wise move buying the 2.7 and not the toublesome 2.0 tdi

kenwardc
15-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Just took delivery of my new A6 a few weeks ago, a 2.7TDI SE saloon, and I am delighted with it so far. Smooth, powerful, combined fuel consumption in line with expectations at around 37mpg.

I particularly like the Audi Music Interface, which I am using with a 80GB iPod Classic. The interface emulates the iPOD menus and can be operated from the steering wheel as well as from the MMI. The tracks selected are displayed both on the large colour display on the dashboard as well as on the small colour display next to the speedo. Altogether a very neat job and AMI integrates well with the phone and radio supplied in the Comms Pack 2 option.:approve:

James
Hi James

I'm a newbie here AND a new Audi owner. Just signed the document ordering a 2.7 TDi S Line from Camberly. It's a 2007 with MMI High, Colour screen etc. and has a 6 CD Changer in the cubby. I had a good look to see whether the iPod connector was there but couldn't see it. Is there a chance that, even though this is a 2007-registered car (June 2007) it might not have the connector available?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers
Chris

jmkirby
15-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Chris,

When I ordered my A6 2.7TDI quattro saloon, I specified the option for the Audi Music Interface (AMI). When the car came, the connector was in the glove box to the right of the 6 CD changer, hidden behind a rubber flap. I then purchased the appropriate lead for the IPod which goes between the AMI connector and the IPod. You can get the lead from the Audi dealership and I believe that, if your car has no AMI, you can buy an AMI together with the lead.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
James

kenwardc
15-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks, James - will look out for it!

nez
15-01-2008, 02:40 PM
James,

That's great news to hear, since I'm awaiting delivery of an A6 Le Mans with the AMI in March and was worried about how well the integration with the MMI worked. It's also good news because I work for Apple and would hate to have an excuse to NOT use my iPhone or iPod in the car!

paul b
15-01-2008, 11:56 PM
A8 tech,
What is the problem with the new A6s? Might mate might be purchasing one. He is split between the 2.0TDI and the 2.7TDI. Maybe I could pass on some info to him.
Paul

kenwardc
16-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi Paul

I know you directed your question at A8 Tech but I just wanted to say that, according to a mate of mine who works at the VW/Audi plant, the A6 2.7 TDi is an awesome, smooth beast and extremely reliable. I passed the info to him that I was buying one and the response was that I would love it - a great car, he said.

Cheers
Chris

paul b
16-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Okay, nice one. My question was more about the reliability side, because he has already driven a 2.0TDI and is happy enough about how it drives. Though i'll mention the 2.7TDI is much smoother.
Cheers
Paul