PDA

View Full Version : Chester Audi - Your experiences?

phippster
01-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Chester Audi has a poor reputation - but is it justified?

I'm considering buying a used A3 but so far have been very unimpressed with the Audi dealers in Cheshire - especially Crewe Audi.

My gut feeling is to forget Audi altogether.

dragontest
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Have you tried Audi in stoke on trent?

I found Crewe audi expensive for repair work however, they were very good when I bought from them last year, ask for Kevin in the Crewe showroom I found him to be very helpfull and happy to do a deal...

carlo-S3
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I had an A3 from Chester Audi back in 2003, and the service was great... Then around 2004 it went really bad... I had to wait 5 weeks for a courtesy car!! Even though the big poster on the wall with their "Promises" said it was within 2 weeks... Then I found they tried to overcharge me £450 for a cambelt when I had a written quote for £350... Got the car back with scuffed allloys after new tyres. Booked car in for a service and MOT the night before, turned up at 5pm the next day to find, they serviced the car but not MOT'd it... They lost my service book, then refused to get the previous stamps at a previous Audi dealer stamped for me... the list goes on and on...

The worst experience was I got pulled by the Police for no brake lights... Police said, probably a fuse so if you change it while we are here we'll say nothing more about it... BUT I didn't have manual in the car with the fuse locations... So, rang Chester Audi explained the situation and they flatly said No, can't help... Explained that all I need is someone to look through a manual for me and tell me the fuse location and that I had been a customer for 7 years etc... They came back with. They are too busy to speak to a technician, they can do diagnostics for £88 + VAT and then the cost of the fuse... When I explained that the Police said either I fix it here or they tow me, I got advised that they could collect me for £150 + VAT and then perform the diagnostics at £88 + VAT!!!! Rang Liverpool Audi, 2 mins, spoke to a tech, pointed me to the fuse and was on my way with a wave from plod... Will never go back to Chester Audi after that...

Will get off my soapbox now...:Blush2:

Ben9
26-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Just bear in mind that:

Crewe Audi,
Stoke Audi, and
Stafford Audi,

Are all the same company. In my experience I used to deal with these people on a daily basis to, and in my order of preference would be:

Stafford they always seemed together and Knew what was to be done
Crewe sometimes good, sometimes bad but ok.
Stoke while there is a hole in my backside I would not deal with these on a personnel level. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing this dealership has this as their workplace motto.

AMI
20-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Not a huge gripe but it is the principle..! Had my A3 serviced at Chester Audi and they had the cheek to try and charge me £4.60 to refill my screen washer bottle. Thing is that I filled it to the brim before I left it with them. What else have they charged me for that they haven't done..??:confused:

kurtas2006
21-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Not a huge gripe but it is the principle..! Had my A3 serviced at Chester Audi and they had the cheek to try and charge me £4.60 to refill my screen washer bottle. Thing is that I filled it to the brim before I left it with them. What else have they charged me for that they haven't done..??:confused:

Its always worth doing such topups before a service as you gauge the honesty of a garage.

a8 tech
21-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I had an A3 from Chester Audi back in 2003, and the service was great... Then around 2004 it went really bad... I had to wait 5 weeks for a courtesy car!! Even though the big poster on the wall with their "Promises" said it was within 2 weeks... Then I found they tried to overcharge me £450 for a cambelt when I had a written quote for £350... Got the car back with scuffed allloys after new tyres. Booked car in for a service and MOT the night before, turned up at 5pm the next day to find, they serviced the car but not MOT'd it... They lost my service book, then refused to get the previous stamps at a previous Audi dealer stamped for me... the list goes on and on...

The worst experience was I got pulled by the Police for no brake lights... Police said, probably a fuse so if you change it while we are here we'll say nothing more about it... BUT I didn't have manual in the car with the fuse locations... So, rang Chester Audi explained the situation and they flatly said No, can't help... Explained that all I need is someone to look through a manual for me and tell me the fuse location and that I had been a customer for 7 years etc... They came back with. They are too busy to speak to a technician, they can do diagnostics for £88 + VAT and then the cost of the fuse... When I explained that the Police said either I fix it here or they tow me, I got advised that they could collect me for £150 + VAT and then perform the diagnostics at £88 + VAT!!!! Rang Liverpool Audi, 2 mins, spoke to a tech, pointed me to the fuse and was on my way with a wave from plod... Will never go back to Chester Audi after that...

Will get off my soapbox now...:Blush2:
technicians will always help and always ask to speak to them for correct info