PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone...just beginning the learning curve!!

onzarob
18-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi,

Just a quick hello to introduce myself, I have just bought an A4 1.9 TDI 1999 (110Bhp). Great car, good price, a few niggles to sort to set me up with a comfortable motorway crusier, Previous car a Golf MK1 Cabriolet!. Have Done an oil change and diagnosed a MAF fault (On order, Info found on this site). I have also bought a VAG-COM cable and a second remote, I only had one, a bit worring when your car autolocks! So should be pairing that up with the VAG-COM software when the key fob arrives, should be fun plugging the laptop into the car, I'm an IT consultant so I excited by this. Anyway Here I am and I'm on a journey of maintaining my first car with a Brain!!

Rob

onzarob
19-09-2006, 09:29 PM
MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor arrived today, Just fitted it 10mins 2 screws and a jubilee clip...all done...went for a test drive and ...oh my god the car goes like a train...If you think yours has gone, Car wont pull or rev over 3000 rpm. uplug it and the car should then rev over 3000 and pull a little better but not completely back to full power. Change the MAF and the whole engine takes off...lovely.

I paid £45 for mine on ebay (new) GSF can be a little more but still worth it for the improvement. It has a garantee of 40k so i would guess that if your cars done more than that and it's not been changed then its probably not functioning at it's best, but that's my theory.

Just thought i would follow up as I spent ages searching for a solution.

Rob:D