PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Repairs

stuart
17-12-2004, 04:28 PM
This is an interesting read, I have just found

"it is an unfortunate but probable situation that at some time in the future your car will need to go to a bodyshop due to accidental damage, it has come to my attention that most bodyshops are now using non genuine panels, bumpers and headlights as a cheap more profitable fix which you the customer will not be made aware of as the insurance company insist they are the parts used. this WILL invalidate part of your paint/corrosion warranty and WILL de-value your car indefinatly. my advise would be to take your vehicle to an manufacturers bodyshop, and insist to your insurance company that only original parts are fitted"

Working in the motor trade, and in the past, dealers, I know this goes on, and 9 times out of 10 it is the insurance companies that stipulate to the repairer were they get parts from.

At the end of the day, WE pay the premium, we want the genuine parts fitted!

Stuart

gibby
06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Interesting. When my car was recently bumped into by the neighbour I insisted to the insurance company that they replace the whole back panel as I didn't want it full of filler etc, the garage did this but I guess I'll never know if it was a genuine panel.