PDA

View Full Version : Which Bluetooth Phone?

Harry_Boy
30-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

Have a 2007 A8 with the bluetooth phone MMI interface.

Was using an old 2004 Motorola v600 until it broke, and this allowed pairing with the MMI and loading of the phone's phonebook, dialled, received and missed calls to be displayed on the MMI screen.

I now need to replace the phone with another, and would like the same (at least) functionality. Can anyone suggest and/or recommend something suitable please?

I'm on Orange, and also have a Palm Treo 650 and a Blackberry Pearl, although I don't need to use either, and would rather replace the v600 with a small, handy stand-alone phone, if possible. The most important issue is the full MMI bluetooth compatibility.

All help gratefully received!

a8 tech
30-11-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18649&highlight=phone+list

Harry_Boy
30-11-2007, 10:27 PM
That's great - many thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :approve:

Just one question, in the response in the other thread, I'm sorry but I don't understand the reference to:-

= Yes; = Only standard numbers/only one number per contact; – = No :confused:

Apologies if I'm being thick...

Harry_Boy
20-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Pleased to report that the Nokia 6500 Classic interfaces seamlessly with the A8's MMI and even lets me view received text messages on the MMI screen - which is a definite step up from the old Motorola...

And it automatically imports the full contents of the phone's phonebook, as well as placing a nice icon adjacent to the number, to show whether its a mobile, home or work number...:D