PDA

View Full Version : Locked out!

pkataky
30-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey can any body help me on how to open my passat. I left the key on the key hole and it is central locked inside now i can't open the car please anybody help me.

tommyweaves
30-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey can any body help me on how to open my passat. I left the key on the key hole and it is central locked inside now i can't open the car please anybody help me.
I locked my keys in the boot once. I called the AA and they used a plastic spatula to ease open a small gap in the top rear corner of the drivers door frame, then inserted an inflatable rubber pad. This was then pumped by hand until a gap was created wide enough to get a coathanger through in order to grab the inside door handle and pull it to open the door. The only only went off once the door was opened. We then pulled the seats down to get in the boot and retrieved the keys. No damage to the car at all.

Hope this helps.

Judith Bynum
06-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I locked my keys in the boot once. I called the AA and they used a plastic spatula to ease open a small gap in the top rear corner of the drivers door frame, then inserted an inflatable rubber pad. This was then pumped by hand until a gap was created wide enough to get a coathanger through in order to grab the inside door handle and pull it to open the door. The only only went off once the door was opened. We then pulled the seats down to get in the boot and retrieved the keys. No damage to the car at all.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the detailed response. I actually used a table knife to create a gap large enough to get a coat hanger in, but then the coat hanger didn't allow for enough pressure to activate any of the controls. So today, I have a coat hanger in my window and still cannot get in. It's Sunday and most garages are closed.:mad:

Judith