PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Golf 1.6SE - Erratic Idle

qwertyking12121
30-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

I've had a very good search on this forum but there seems to be nothing conclusive.

My Golf seems to be erratic when idling - it jumps up and down very quick between 750-850. Although it does not do this all the time.

Last Friday - it was very bad, car was warm, fuel level was near empty. I filled up and it was fine.
This week - fuel level full ish, no issues.

However, this issue has been around for over a year now on my car, but I'm not sure it is linked to the fuel level.

I've used Vag-Com and there are no fault codes recorded?
As for fuel consumption - I get 28-30MPG town driving (Average 11mph). Is this low in comparison to others?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

peterjones
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi, has anybody any ideas with this one? Apologies - this is still qwerty - I've just lost my log in details for the other account! :o(

Thanks

peterjones
05-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi all, an update on the situation...

I got home this evening and the car was up and down with the idles.

I connected VAG-COM and looked at the Lambda figues. I've attached the graphs, the Lambda factor appears to high I think. Does this mean there is too much air or too little fuel? the other Lambda seems rather high (>+10 on idle). How does this look to you all? Hopefully this should help others as well.

Thanks

PS: Graphs are attached, not sure how to show them on the post.

qwertyking12121
18-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

Not had any replies yet :(

Also an update:

I cleaned the Throtle body at the weekend, reset the learned values and then realigned the Throtle Body. New airfilter as well.

The car still has an erratic rev occasionally - the puzzle is that it does not happen all the time.
Also when I now Jab the accelerator the Throtle Body makes a quick sucking noise as though it is taking in air very quickly - is this normal?

By the way the engine is a 1J1 - think it is the AZD model (I will check tonight). However it is the 1.6 16v engine where the Air filter is in the Engine Cover itself. Also does the Throtle Body have any breathers - I couldn't see any when I took it out.

Thanks,

qwertyking12121
28-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Bump.... any one out there???