PDA

View Full Version : Handfree Kit

james_tiger_woo
30-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I've got my iPod adapter working a treat and I'm rather pleased with it - however, now I'm after a good bluetooth kit - can anyone recommend (sp) one that will wire into the stereo?

Forgot to add, I've got the RCD300 if that's any help....

tommyweaves
30-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I've got a parrot CK3100 LCD. I had it fitted by the dealer when I picked the car up from new in Dec 05. It works well and is a tidy installation. Seems to be compatible with most phones, I've had a couple of nokias and a sony erricson working on it. It works through the stereo and produces excellent quality. It apparently has a noise filter on it to reduce background noise. I imagine it must work well as sometimes I've had people express surprise during a call that I was in the car doing 80mph as they thought I was sitting at home!

The microphone is high on the drivers door pillar, and the small control unit sits neatly to the right of the steering column above the headlight switch.

tommyweaves
30-11-2007, 12:56 PM
And another thing about the CK3100 LCD:

On my Nokia 6280i I have different ringtones for different callers, and the ringtone comes through the stereo when I get a call coming in. This can cause a problem when I have clients in the car as I have Zippy from Rainbow singing "three fat sausages" as one of my ringtones, and "Smack my B*tch up" from The Prodigy as another.

forge197
30-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I have a ck3100 too but mine is fitted between the aircon controls and the radio with the mic on the interior light thing in the roof. It's all very neat and works flawlessly.

Buzcrash1
05-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I've got my iPod adapter working a treat and I'm rather pleased with it - however, now I'm after a good bluetooth kit - can anyone recommend (sp) one that will wire into the stereo?

Forgot to add, I've got the RCD300 if that's any help....
I have fitted a parrot 3200 LS - Colour & it's the biz, sync's with your phone I don't think you could do better, linked in with your stereo it auto mutes when you receive or make calls.

Eclipse car Audio
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I can definitely vouch for any of the Parrots I have fitted loads of these now to all different vehicles and used with all different types of phones and never had a problem with any of them - Just dont go to ********* to have it fitted have had many service calls to fix kits 'fitted' at ********* and have been appalled as to what I have found.

james_tiger_woo
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I've asked for a 3200 for Christmas :-) I know a good fitter just near me too - Or I might have a go myself.....

Which adapter do I need for the RCD300? I've also got the xcarlink ipod adapter too ....