PDA

View Full Version : golf engine management light problem

HUTCH
18-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Good morning
Can someone help me with this problem please.

Its a VW Golf 1.4 AXP Engine code. Registered 07/09/2000 on an X reg

The catalytic convertor and both lambda sensors have been replaced and since then the engine management light comes on. After resetting the light the car is fine for three days until it's used on the motorway when the light comes on again. The cat and sensors have been checked and are fine. The coolant temp sensor has now been replaced and the egr valve stripped and cleaned.

After more testing everything is fine and the car runs like a dream until its taken back out on the motorway and roughly three days later the light comes on again.

The vehicle is only fuelled at Shell or Texaco so the cheap fuel problem is eliminated but i'm at a loss. Any had a similar issue etc plz?

lucy car
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM
i to have a vw golf 2.0 gti with engine emmissions light problem. I had spark plugs and leads and probes replaced and still get intermitent engine emmisions light warning coming on.

Will try now i think with injector cleaner unless anyone got any other ideas?

lucy car

adamss24
05-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi, were the catalist and/or the Lambda sensor genuine vag items? If they were, can u post the faults that set in the memory ? How many miles on the injectors ? Thanks.

lucy car
07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi the probes were genuine vw as were the spark plugs and leads. The light goes on for several days and then goes away for several weeks. The car is 2.0 gti with 58900 miles.

lucy car
07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
the fault relates to the mixture and the mechanic reset the ecu to the factory settings but this has not cured the problem. when ever the car is diagnosed all settings and rpm etc are all in the correct parimeter.