PDA

View Full Version : Warranty work Golf 1.6 FSi

kinbra
29-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I have booked my Golf match 1.6 FSi 08 model in with a local dealer for Warranty repair work.

Noisy steering on L/H lock low speed, hissing/transmission noise from gear lever/console area all forward gears when accelerating. Cruise control has turned itself off twice for no reason, a few other jobs poor shutlines on all doors, noise intrusion into vehicle when stationary and moving sounds like a door seal missing, underbonnet and tailgate poor finish on paintwork around sealant. I was wondering if anyone has simmilar problems with there Golf.
I will report back after after dealer has returned my car.;)

kaygolf
30-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Have had a 1.6 FSi 04 from new. Lots of noise from drivers door when driving - think that's a common problem from what I've read. But no other issues in common with yours.
My car is now just out of warranty & the dealer is a lot less sympathetic. My advice would to be really really thorough and get every single thing done under warranty. Also check the car again a few months before the warranty expires if you're keeping it that long - VW customer services are dire if you encounter a problem just (and I mean a couple of days!!!!) out of warranty.

kinbra
30-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Have had a 1.6 FSi 04 from new. Lots of noise from drivers door when driving - think that's a common problem from what I've read. But no other issues in common with yours.
My car is now just out of warranty & the dealer is a lot less sympathetic. My advice would to be really really thorough and get every single thing done under warranty. Also check the car again a few months before the warranty expires if you're keeping it that long - VW customer services are dire if you encounter a problem just (and I mean a couple of days!!!!) out of warranty.

Hi thanks for your reply, sounds like good advice. I will reply with more info when the dealer has returned my car.

Many thanks
Kinbra

kinbra
09-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I have booked my Golf match 1.6 FSi 08 model in with a local dealer for Warranty repair work.

Noisy steering on L/H lock low speed, hissing/transmission noise from gear lever/console area all forward gears when accelerating. Cruise control has turned itself off twice for no reason, a few other jobs poor shutlines on all doors, noise intrusion into vehicle when stationary and moving sounds like a door seal missing, underbonnet and tailgate poor finish on paintwork around sealant. I was wondering if anyone has simmilar problems with there Golf.
Hi.
I have my car back from the dealer the noisy steering turned out to be the steering rack a new one has been fitted and the noise has gone i need to put in some miles to see if it is cured. I asked the service advisor why a new steering rack was fitted, a bulletin from VW says 2008 cars will be fitted with a new type of rack to cure noisy steering, my car is a 2008 build year so this problem should not occur. Transmission noise and noise intrusion into the vehicle (sounds like a door seal missing) are normal for this vehicle so i was informed i will investigate further. Problems with the paintwork the dealer has sent a report to VW for advice waiting for a call from my dealer to have paintwok sorted. I will let you know more when my car goes back to the dealer.
Kinbra:(

mak81
19-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi.
I have my car back from the dealer the noisy steering turned out to be the steering rack a new one has been fitted and the noise has gone i need to put in some miles to see if it is cured. I asked the service advisor why a new steering rack was fitted, a bulletin from VW says 2008 cars will be fitted with a new type of rack to cure noisy steering, my car is a 2008 build year so this problem should not occur. Transmission noise and noise intrusion into the vehicle (sounds like a door seal missing) are normal for this vehicle so i was informed i will investigate further. Problems with the paintwork the dealer has sent a report to VW for advice waiting for a call from my dealer to have paintwok sorted. I will let you know more when my car goes back to the dealer.
Kinbra:(
hi i'm new to this forum,
I have had similar problems with my new car golf match 1.6fsi june 07, trim issues steering rack replaced etc and a host of all other problems. Not a very happy owner. Vw has got a build quality issue.
mak81

kinbra
19-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi new member

Thanks for your input, sounds like you have the same issues as me. I will be doing more research over the holidays & will report in the new year, any info` you require contact me. Keep posting.

See ya

Kinbra;)

mak81
20-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi new member

Thanks for your input, sounds like you have the same issues as me. I will be doing more research over the holidays & will report in the new year, any info` you require contact me. Keep posting.

See ya

Kinbra;)
hi kinbra,

pls also see 'Vw build quality issues' which I posted earlier, it goes into a bit more detail about the problems I have been having.. I am interested in the bulletin about new steering racks for 08 golf mark 5, never heard about that keep me posted.

I think VW are aware about the poor construction of the mark 5 and its shortcomings , the forthcoming mark 6 is to address these issues i.e wider doors frames, simpler rear suspension setup ,improving quality etc if you are following the mark 6 testing' leaks' in the media. But they are going to cut costs somewhere. They have had the same problems with the mark 5 since it came out in 04, so I think the mark 6 is going to be a ' improve the bad bits' than a totally new car.
sorry for drifting on to something else.

neebee mak81

RichieG
20-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Interested how anyone can have an 08 model year car when it's december 07!

kinbra
20-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Interested how anyone can have an 08 model year car when it's december 07!

Hi Richie

VW-Audi build assembly line ends July for factory shutdown, build assembly starts again in August. Any vehicle built upto July is the year it is built, vehicles built from August on are designated as the next year. 2007 cars were built August 2006 to July 2007 - August 2007 to July 2008 are 2008 year. The vin number ident also changes in August. Hope this makes sense to you.

Cheers

Kinbra;)

kinbra
14-03-2008, 03:32 PM

I have sold my car back to the dealer, the faults with my car cannot be rectified & the steering noise is getting worse, the dealer wrote to me stating the faults are characteristics. I recieved a letter from VW Milton Keynes backing up what the dealer says, I had no option other than to sell my car back to the dealer as i could not sell privately with all the faults. If the faults with my car are characteristics why was a new steering rack fitted, why was so much warranty work carried out. Also Paul Willis director of VW UK has been replaced by Chris Craft. :(

kinbra
20-03-2008, 08:34 AM
hi kinbra,

pls also see 'Vw build quality issues' which I posted earlier, it goes into a bit more detail about the problems I have been having.. I am interested in the bulletin about new steering racks for 08 golf mark 5, never heard about that keep me posted.

I think VW are aware about the poor construction of the mark 5 and its shortcomings , the forthcoming mark 6 is to address these issues i.e wider doors frames, simpler rear suspension setup ,improving quality etc if you are following the mark 6 testing' leaks' in the media. But they are going to cut costs somewhere. They have had the same problems with the mark 5 since it came out in 04, so I think the mark 6 is going to be a ' improve the bad bits' than a totally new car.
sorry for drifting on to something else.

neebee mak81 Please read my latest update

kinbra
20-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi thanks for your reply, sounds like good advice. I will reply with more info when the dealer has returned my car.

Many thanks
Kinbra
Please see my latest update.