PDA

View Full Version : S3 Central Locking and Interior Light Problem...

carlo-S3
29-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Morning All...

I have finally become the proud owner of a Noggy Blue, 2002 S3 after many years of owning a 1.8 A3 :)

Noticed when I got the car home that the indicator didn't flash when I locked the car, closer inspection found that the alarm diode doesn't flash at all either... Now I know that this means that the alarm doesn't arm if the diode doesn't flash, so bit worried...

Also, the interior light doesn't come on or off when the car is locked or unlocked, even though it is set to the centre position to automatically come on and off... Looking back through the service history noticed that the door catches had been replaced in 2005... When the doors are open the graphic on the DIS shows them as open, and goes out when the doors are closed so it doesn't look like it thinks the doors are still open so will not arm. Also, the car does lock all the doors when the central locking is activated...

Has anyone come across this before and know what it might be... I noticed some of the posts in the VW section but this doesn't quite seem to be the same...

Cheers,
Carlo