PDA

View Full Version : Ipod adapter RCD300 with armrest changer

womble69
28-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi,

I've got a 2005 MkV Golf 2.0 FSI GT with a RCD300 head unit. I went for the 6 disk multi-changer in the armrest.

I hardly ever use the multi-changer as I can't be bothered to change the cds very often.

I've just fitted the VAG ipod adaptor into my 2004 Audi A4 Avant with Concert head unit. Although there is no artist or track text on the head unit, the ipod connections gives me access to 500 songs (5 playlists limited to 99 tracks)rather than 60 in the changer.

Now looking to fit a ipod adapter into the Golf and I'd like to fit it in the armrest where the multi-changer is fitted. Obviously, the multi-changer will be removed and undoubtably sold off on ebay, but I was wondering if its possible to utilise the wiring already routed in the armrest to connect the ipod adaptor?

Have anyone got any experience of doing this? Also, does anyone know of any good aftermarket products that give you a ipod dock in the armrest?

Regards,

James

Ben
28-11-2007, 08:33 PM
go to the supporting companies section and look at xcarlink' section. Then you will find that you can keep the cd changer.

welcome to the forum.

p.s I have the exact same setup as you. but i'm looking to change the head unit to a mp3 version as they now exist!