PDA

View Full Version : xcarlink

james_tiger_woo
28-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi,

Sorry for the new thread, but I'm keen to work this out....

I've managed to install the xcarlink with a couple of problems - the stereo came of nice & easily, but it's in - I forgot to bring an iPod in to work like an idiot, of course....

My questions are twofold:

How can I get this in the glovebox - I've managed to feed it down and into the 'box, but this leaves me with a cable hanging out in the footwell and has no play in it - my partner would disconnect this in a heartbeat when she got in the car?

And which port do I connect it to on the Stereo - B or C?

Thanks

JTW

james_tiger_woo
28-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Incidentally, do I need to connect both the ipod connector and the 3.5mm jack to the ipod?

Slimbarry
28-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey J T W,

You should be able to feed the cable into the top of the glove box, while it is open. This means you don't need to cut or drill anything. I plug in the Ipod, put it on shuffle shut the glove box and forget about it.

To select the ipod, hit CD twice on the radio.

As far as the connectors, you only need to plug the Ipod connector in for it to work. The 3.5mm stereo jack is if you have some other type of mp3 player - not so good as it doesn't provide power but not an issue if you are using an ipod.

Hope this helps! :biggthump

james_tiger_woo
28-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for this Slimbarry

I couldn't fit my hands over the top of the glovebox, but I'll give it another go in a bit - I cut my hand when I got it caught down behind the stereo like an eejit! I've fed the cable so it's by the passenger seat and I'll put it there - I'll put it away when I'm done with it.

Oh, it works a treat and I made sure it's all grounded on the side of the stereo - All I have to do is add in playlists and I'm away :-)

I'm off to play with it again while my partner wonders what I'm doing (dinner's ready and she's getting narked ha ha)

Cheers!