PDA

View Full Version : indicator problem

graham.hassall
16-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi
I have a 2001 a6 with non working indicators. The hazards work OK. I have checked the fuse which is OK. I guess therefore that it is the relay. Does anybody know where it is? and assuming it is in a bank of relays how do I recognise it?

thanks in advance

Graham

stuart
16-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi

Not sure if the relay is part of the hazard warning switch. I know on later A4, & Passats it in one unit:)

Stuart

graham.hassall
17-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Stuart
Thanks for your help. I can confirm that the A6 indicator relay is part of the hazard switch. (you have to prise the switch unit out and remove the connector from the back. The whole unit is about two inches deep)
I actually took the unit apart in the hope that I could repair it, however I think my unit has a problem in one of the chips on the circuit board as the points on the relay did not respond to a scrape from a jewellers screwdriver.

Anybody know where I can buy one? I assume a new Audi one will be horrendously expensive.

Graham

k3t4n
01-04-2007, 03:42 PM
just a thought, but there is actually a hazard light switch (inc relay) built into the switch. my a4 developed a problem where i couldnt indicate left or right and only the hazard lights worked. A number of ppl on this forum as well as an independant mechanic told me to get a hazard light switch from an audi main dealer. Cost around £33 inc vat, took around an hour to fit (as i wasnt going to rip off my wooden dash cover and break any tabs, so took my time). Simply plugged out the old, plugged in the new and all working now.

let us know how u get on.

cheers