PDA

View Full Version : S4 Help needed

Nick Hall
28-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Hello All,
I have recently bought an S4 of 1993 vintage, this is an auto and is generaly in very good condition, a new engine and turbo was fitted less than 3000 miles ago, it has been off the road for 6 months or so prior to my obtaining it.
The two main problems I have are as follows, 1) No vacuum pipe fitted to the turbo wastegate and despite checking through the CD workshop manual (This being an American suplied CD) I cannot find exactly what this should be connected to.2)The auto box does not kick down, the last owner reckoned it was fine before the new engine was fitted. I assume this is electronically controlled as there is no provision for a kick down cable or any sign of the necessary brackets on the throttle linkage.
If any one can help I would be very grateful.

Regards Nick.

scotty33
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I can't help with the Autobox, but the wastegate should be connected to the solenoid valve (N75/boost control valve) This should be found on the rubber air intake hose on the turbo coldside.

nickfranklin
24-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I have a 93 5 speed. If you're referring to the nipple on the upper portion of the casing there is nothing connected to that on my car. If you plan on keeping the car for a while I'd advise you to buy the Audi/Bentley manual for the car. It is about 1000 pages and can be downloaded from Bentley's site for about $80 including two licenses.