PDA

View Full Version : mk 2 weber co trouble

jungleboystu
27-11-2007, 07:44 PM
hi there i am new to the forum world, i have a mk golf 1.6 and i have put a weber on it, but i can't seem to get the CO set up properly and it keep bogging down when i go to set of quickly and it doesn't have much at the top end either it also has a k & n filter on it that replaces the air box and 17" wheels and i'm not sure wether the wheels are the problem if any one has any suggestions they would be much appricated :)

neileg
28-11-2007, 11:03 AM
The carb probably needs rejetting and setting up a rolling road. May have factory jetting that won't work at all with the K&N because that will produce a very weak mixture. Other possibility is that you have an air leak due to something about the installation not being correct.

The wheels won't affect performance unless the tyre profiles are too big as this will increase the gearing, the carb needs sorting first

jungleboystu
28-11-2007, 09:02 PM
ok thanks ill look into that thanks for the advice

Crasher
28-11-2007, 09:55 PM
You are probably suffering from carb icing, the Pierburg is bad for this but the Weber is terribly prone to it. Refit the original air box making sure the hot air pickup on the manifold is intact and that the correct composite hose (NOT aluminium, this cools the hot air) from the pickup to the air box is used and that the hot/cold air blend unit is working. You can test for this by looking down the cold air intake of the air box and as the engine starts, in this cold weather, the flap in the air blend should lift up to bring in hot air.