PDA

View Full Version : Dog Guards

chrisefc
27-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Can anyone recommend a dog guard for the estate Passat which I'm picking up tomorrow. I've spoken with VW today and was rather suprised to find that their own dog guard is £220 and isn't even fitted!

Slimbarry
27-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Try this one,

http://travall.monodesign.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=463
It fits the same way as the VW ones and only takes 5 / 10 minutes...

Its also sometimes on ebay along with others for about the same price. I haven't seen any much cheaper.

chrisefc
27-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Cheers mate. It's certainly much more sensible in terms of price.

lesleystoddart
27-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi

You could try www.dogguardsrus.co.uk. Bought one from them for our other car, a Fiesta. They are custom made to fit. Was fitted in five minutes and despite having 2 manic springers in the back it has not moved.

It was delivered in a couple of days and very reasonable in price compared to buying from the dealers. One to fit a VW Passat Estate comes in at £100.

Lesley

claranet
15-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Hi Lesley,

Silverwagen - just type silverwagen on google. They do an official VW type Dog Guard that is half the price of the dealer as is very easy to fit/unfit too.Silverwagen are very efficient with delivery too.

I can't remember how much I paid for the dog guard on our B6 Passat Estate but it certainly was not anything like £220 !! I think it was about £120 including delivery.

It took longer to get all the bits out of the packaging, than to actually fit the damn thing !!

Regards
claranet