PDA

View Full Version : A4 engine management light .help

piggyA4
27-11-2007, 06:19 PM
hello everybody:
just joined as new today, i am very impressed with the help and knowledge of people here.

i have problems with engine management light for nearly 4 month(2003 model 2.0 multi 6 sp). can anyone please help:Blush2:

anyway the process was interesting, initially i was horrified when the light is on, as engine was

the key part of the car, so i took the car to the audi dealer, arrording to them, they found fault

on bank one,mixture adaption too rich, and breather pipe clip insecure, they refitted and erased

the error(cost me 130 pound), then asked me to moniter. 5 days after that, the light just came

back on, brought the car back to them, they found new fault with lambda sensor, they repleased

it(cost 270 pound). one week after that, the light was on again, i started to get used to drive

the car with the orange light on, because i do not want to re-mortgage my house to fix a tiny

light. then bad thing happened, 4 year old audi broken down on the M56 with burning smell and

flashing engine management light, called AA, the guy said the ignition coil was gone, replaced it

at the cost of 49 pound. few days after that, the light came back on over again.

i am very confused right now about what i should do, so could any body help.

BTW, i am originally from CHINA where AUDI has a very sound reputation for reliability and durability, that is why i bought A4 in the first place. personally believed that, the modern cars have becoming too intelligent than they supposed to be. i was really let down by the audi, start to miss my old toyota now(sorry if offenced anyone)

paul b
28-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Buy a diesel, they don't break! Experience of 150k+!
Seriously, now it could be the inlet manifold gasket, throttle body gasket (if it has one) or a split breather pipe.
Paul