PDA

View Full Version : I've got it and I love it already

james_tiger_woo
27-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I've finally got my Passat - it's a Blue 2.0TDi SE with front/rear parking sensors (important for the GF) and leather.

First drive from the dealership yesterday and I like it already... :D

I've just, today, driven 125 miles from home to Birmingham for a meeting that has been postponed (grr) and it was a dream. When stationary, I had to blip the throttle to make sure the engine was on it was that quiet (my now gone Seat Leon TDi FR was like a truck). The seats are brilliant, especially with the seat heater on.

After 75 miles, the indicate distance that I could travel on the tank was 725 miles! :D (I've even got photographic proof - Allegedly, of course, Officer :o). Average all the way here was 53.4mpg - I didn't top 75 (I was on the M1 after all) but it was as smooth as you like...

The salesman pointed out a dent in the body that I hadn't noticed, so that'll be done next week and three wheels can be replaced under warranty due to corrosion - all things I hadn't noticed.

I even rain-xd all the windows last night - Yes, I need to get out more!

The only glitch so far is that the seat heater switches are back to front - the passenger side controls the driver's seat and vice-versa. Something I can live with for now :o

All I need to do now is get that iPod adapter that I have ordered, which has dissapeared into the mists of the xcarlink void (hint hint!)

This is my second 2.0 TDI SE and whereas my last one was a company one and I liked it, I'll be looking after this one properly!

Roll on the miles :biglaugh:

MalcQV
27-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Glad you are enjoying it!

Quatrelle
27-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Excellent, may you both be very happy :D

james_tiger_woo
27-11-2007, 08:46 PM
250 miles - 53mpg - Woohoo :-)