PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Handbook

Discretion
26-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi guys
I was thinking of putting together a portable handbook for ‘detailing’ (a windows help file) with some guides on (“How To”) wash, wax, clay ECT ECT.....first off I would like the moderators permission because it will involve lots of work and I would also like to use some of the articles already written on here. Second I think it would be a good idea if maybe a pole could be set up then I could add products with ratings rather than just this is wax made by *****. What do you think?
Would anyone like to make any suggestions as to what you would like to see in its content topics for example I am prepared to do the work and research
I would add as much detail as I can...it could be updated as new products come out
My general layout would be:

How to Wash, Clay, Clean, Repair, Seal and Wax
Tips
Products
Suppliers
Recommended by.......(this is where you lot come in)

Any ideas or thoughts ????

PS any work done by others will get FULL Credit and be referenced

JR001
26-11-2007, 11:30 PM
You're right, a lot of work is involved and you'll be limited also with the 10 images rule!

I believe others, including myself, were going to do the same at one point. I had thought of just providing the links to already published comprehensive guides from both the UK and USA. I sought permission from the Scottish detailers Polished Bliss to have their guides posted on here. They said 'yes', but then it had to be checked by Stuart. There has been no outcome to this unfortunately.

It might save lots of time if we put up a reference to the Autopia one.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

This is also comprehensive and one which most UK detailing enthusiasts have learned a lot from.

Perhaps a couple of more succinct specific guides might be worthwhile though.

Cheers,

JOHN

Discretion
27-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Excuse my ignorance what 10 image rule?...I intend making a standalone handbook, maybe using visual basic to code it or as a windows help file that can be downloaded, and if there is a problem uploading it to this forum I could build a web server and stick a link to it on the forum. I intend seeking permission and using guides that have already been written I could also put links in the file, what is more important that I get the guys on here to rate products, make recommendation and suggestions on the contents of pages.

nite
29-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Why would use you VB? Just use a windows help file or even just create a pdf. you could even create a presentation, but vb?

overkill imo.

good idea though, and thanks for the good intentions :beerchug:

Discretion
29-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Why would use you VB? Just use a windows help file or even just create a pdf. you could even create a presentation, but vb?

overkill imo.

good idea though, and thanks for the good intentions :beerchug:
Cos I can...:D:D

nite
30-11-2007, 09:11 AM
lol fair enough. Maybe I could do you one in c++ :biglaugh:

Discretion
30-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for your words of encouragement on method, what about the content? ;)

nite
30-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I look forward to seeing it! :beerchug:

RickT
01-12-2007, 12:44 PM
The Admin Team are happy for you to do this,

As you have said, if using anyone else's pictures etc etc, please ask permission,

Thanks