PDA

View Full Version : Golf/Paddling Pool

Lima Foxtrot
26-11-2007, 07:54 PM
We've had a bit of rain recently, which is good for topping up the nations water supply after that long hot summer we had, but not so good now that that my mk3 has decided to spring a leak!

On the passenger side, after a downpour, there is literally a pool gathering in the area behind the passenger seat with wet carpet in the front. I park on a slight incline, so I'm guessing that the water is running rearwards along the slight channel just inside of the sill because the raised carpet underneath the passenger seat remains dry.

The question is... Where the hell is it coming from? I can't find any sign of a hole in the firewall and no obvious sign of water ingress into the cabin.

I'm wondering if the drain from the sunroof might have become blocked and it's getting in where the drain spout exits the body into the door and somehow it's being redirected into the cabin.

I've dried the damn thing out with towells and a fan heater, but HELP! Any ideas/advice appreciated!

LF

kenney
26-11-2007, 09:30 PM
May be a long shot but i fancy the leakage is coming from one of the doors,get a coke bottle ,fill it with water,with the door open gentely pour the water along the window seal,now have a look and see if the water is running out between the door frame and the door trim,this is a common fault.

Lima Foxtrot
30-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks fella, will give it a go and see what happens.

30-11-2007, 08:23 PM
i had the same problem and it was the SUNROOF LEAKING!!!!!! in my car it was the passenger footwell as well, i also park on an incline
if this is any help!!!!