PDA

View Full Version : 51 reg Passat Brake problem advice

Flyboy1
26-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Folks

I have a 51 reg 2.0s Passat estate and a few weeks ago I had to have the rear brake discs, calipers and pads replaced due to a faulty caliper. this then happened with the front near side, which started binding, totally cooking the disc. I therefore had to have the front brakes replaced. Not cheap but necessary. After this was done I started to drive the car but the f/n/s brake was still rubbing and over heating. To cut a long story short, the mechanic was excellent and has done his best but is flumexed by the problem as, with advice, he has changed the front brake hoses and now the master cylinder but the problem is still occuring. He will next try and change the f/n/s brake pipe. If this doesn't work he is at a loss. I was wondering if any one has experienced this problem or has any idea what might be the problem. My mechanic hopes that it is not the ABS ecu which I will have to remortgage to replace.

Sam Russell
26-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Pull out the ABS plug and see if the problem goes away.

Flyboy1
26-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that idea. I have sent the chap doing my car the information. I hope that it is that simple. Fantastic if it works. Thanks for the info. I appreciate any advice