PDA

View Full Version : Changed Sparkplugs on 2.0 Mk 4 Wagon..

Snowdance38
15-09-2006, 01:53 AM
I have 40 thousand miles on my 2002 2.0 nonturbo Jetta/Bora Wagon. We use it most for towing a camper trailer.. I noticed a little roughness in the engine at idle the last month or so.. Changed the spark plugs and air cleaner at 40,000 miles as VW says and the engine is as smooth as ever.. The spark plugs did show some wear but not real bad.. Every thing else seems good..

I did get my cars from VW and when I got both of our cars we got a lifetime oil and filter change at 90 days or 3,000 miles whitch ever comes first.. I really like that, as they change the oil and filter and fill the coolent, windshield washer check brake fluid, power steering, battery also check brake wear, tire tread depth, and every thing else at no extra cost.. They make a note on the reciept about any thing they find that needs service.. Most of the time I just do the service my self but some times I just let them do..

Our 2006 2.5 nonturbo Jetta MK5 will have its first service next week at just over 3,000 miles and at 90 days.. Our Mk5 came with 17 inch wheels and tires.. But we are looking at some snow here in the high coutnry the next couple days.. So I installed a set of 16 inch spoke dealer take off wheels and tires I picked up that had only 20 miles on them... I can put snow chains on the 16 inch but the 17 inch does not have the clearance at the shocks to use chains.. The 17 inch are just for summer driving.. I will run the 16 inch in the fall and spring.. We also have 15 inch steel wheels with traction tires with steel studs for winter driving for both cars.. Thats lets us go most any where..