PDA

View Full Version : rad, stat & heater probs help needed!

PinkMinx
26-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Right, I have a few minor problems with my 1990 Mk II.... Im looking really for any useful tips for fixing them as Ive not done this one before - so anything I should know? Im not too hot on fixing my own car as its been a while since Ive had to!

1) My radiator needs replacing as it has developed a crack at the side where the plastic bits are - barrs leak & rad weld are keeping me running for now! Just so you know the rest of the rad is fine!

2) My car lost all its heating recently, although it happened at times last winter, this year it went completely (blowers work fine), I thought it was the valves on the heater matrix but the water in the expansion tank is lukewarm even after a 60m M-Way journey (since Saturday) so Im thinking the thermostat, but would it have taken so long to break down, then come back, then break down??

3) My car keeps 'bumping' getting no fuel through and stalling at times even when hot, the timing was done last year, Ive put redex through incase it was a blockage, changed fuel filter, checked carb & pipes etc.... would this be the thermostat too - or a different thermostat?