PDA

View Full Version : Reduced colours for Passat

luckda
26-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I have just placed and order for a new Passat 140 SE estate. Order was paced for blue graphite. Delare phoned back a week later to advise that this was no longer available and neither was steel grey. Strangely enough the VW website still shows these as available colours. (Not that difficult to update a website!!!) Not very good communication between VW and its dealers either!!!
Anyway this might be useful info for anyone placing a new order

orangezorki
26-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Interesting - you wouldn't happen to know if white is now available?

luckda
26-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Don't know I am afraid.

Quatrelle
26-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Interesting - you wouldn't happen to know if white is now available?A 'candy white' (blanc candy) was available in French brochures in 2006 when I bought mine (in 'mocha' !)

Slimbarry
26-11-2007, 09:59 PM
I have just placed and order for a new Passat 140 SE estate. Order was paced for blue graphite. Delare phoned back a week later to advise that this was no longer available and neither was steel grey. Strangely enough the VW website still shows these as available colours. (Not that difficult to update a website!!!) Not very good communication between VW and its dealers either!!!
Anyway this might be useful info for anyone placing a new order

It might be that they are trying to palm you off with other over stocked colours?

Don't suppose you can check with other dealers?

orangezorki
26-11-2007, 10:52 PM
It might be that they are trying to palm you off with other over stocked colours?

Don't suppose you can check with other dealers?

Sounds very possible, but VWUK have already updated the website with the new Passat options. I know that car companies are slow to do this, and BMW even tried to charge me £4000 as the result of a similar problem, but I would have at least expected them to update the colours at the same time.

Quatrelle - I saw that Candy White was available in France, and even tried to get my dealer to do a special order, to no avail. Apparently, the side the wheel is on makes a difference to what colour they can pain the car!:confused:

In the end I also ordered Mocha, so at least I know I will have one friend in the asylum with me!:p

David

Quatrelle
26-11-2007, 11:27 PM
In the end I also ordered Mocha, so at least I know I will have one friend in the asylum with me!:p
DavidIt's the dark colours that work best. The black sills show on the lighter colours, and it makes the car look cheap, imo.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/Quatrelle/DSCF0562s.jpg

orangezorki
27-11-2007, 01:38 AM
It's the dark colours that work best. The black sills show on the lighter colours, and it makes the car look cheap, imo.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/Quatrelle/DSCF0562s.jpg

I understand completely, however my friends aren't as supportive of me ordering a car in brown...

luckda
27-11-2007, 09:19 AM
The response came from VW in Germany as the options I selected meant it needed to be a factory order. Geremany returned the order back to the dealer so we have had a delay of two weeks already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. In the end we chose black pearlescent as achange from silver for our last three cars

Drash
27-11-2007, 09:37 AM
They can be quicker than expected as well as slower - our car was factory ordered (AFS, TPMS, KESSY etc.) and was sitting at the dealers in under 6 weeks on a 12 week promise.

The response came from VW in Germany as the options I selected meant it needed to be a factory order. Geremany returned the order back to the dealer so we have had a delay of two weeks already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. In the end we chose black pearlescent as achange from silver for our last three cars

Stuart W
28-11-2007, 11:32 PM
It's the dark colours that work best. The black sills show on the lighter colours, and it makes the car look cheap, imo.

Can't say that's caught my eye, but what I do notice on the darker colours is the way the chrome bits are highlighted, particularly around the nose.

Too much "bling" as one review put it, and I tend to agree.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder:p

Quatrelle
29-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Can't say that's caught my eye, but what I do notice on the darker colours is the way the chrome bits are highlighted, particularly around the nose.

Too much "bling" as one review put it, and I tend to agree.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder:pAs you say, otherwise we'd all be driving round as lookalikes.:( it was the chrome highlighting around the windows that I thought set off the line of the car, and the chrome grille that I didn't particularly like, although I've got used to it (and it seems to help others see the car coming...).

Bling seems to be the fashion in cars now - how long ago was it that de-chroming was 'in'. I seem to remember seeing black Passats back in the '80s with the name 'Passat' on the bootlid painted black.

Black
29-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Saw a white 57 plate B6 estate last month, our is Tornado red...decided to go old school traditional for it after a string of metallic black and silver cars.