PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a southampton dealer?

BexnDean
26-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey there,

I've owned a few VW's over the years mostly older models and have had nothing but praise for them and most of the garages I've used.

Unfortunately having used 'Independent VW of Chandlers Ford', Southampton I thought I'd better warn you not to make the same mistake I did...

We sent our Mk3 Golf Gti to them on the back of a RAC truck for diagnosis of a starting fault, (turned out to be an engine speed sensor), but instead of calling us to confirm before ordering a £140 part and over the course of two days they managed to rack up a bill of £500 by including an 85000 mile service that we had asked the cost of but requested to be contacted before following out.

Now we find that according to trading standards we have no rights at all and will have to take them to small claims court only after having paid the bill...

has anyone else had problems with these guys or on a brighter note able to suggest an honest VW independent in the southampton area?

Hey ho, guess it'll be back to the main dealers with our VW...

vr6wayne
12-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi i have just seen your thread. i dont think ile be yousing them eaney time soon thanks for the tip. I have been told from a friend of mine who has recomended me to a new garage opend up in Hiltingbury he sead it was once the old mazda garage.It is run two technitions who worked for autotechnic of totton before it sut down.

Spudaudi
24-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Got my Audi serviced with Southampton Audi, found them to be really reasonable and very helpfull. According to the Service Manager who looked after me he said they also do service and repair work on other VW group cars on their evening shift. I have a little VW Polo as well, so I might give them a go at some point in the future.

vr6wayne
24-06-2009, 11:06 PM
thats a good price i went down the road a bit to hiltingbury service center they was verry good to full service using main dealer parts £160 and there doing a mot and minor service offer for £90 at the moment:D

Spudaudi
25-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi vr6wayne that's good to know, but to be honest only having to pay an extra £40 and £10 respectivly to use an Audi dealer was a bit of a no brainer for me :Blush:. Plus they tempted big time by lending me a nice new A6 to drive around in all day (very cruel, but it's got me thinking about my next car already!).

Golfer777
25-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey there,

I've owned a few VW's over the years mostly older models and have had nothing but praise for them and most of the garages I've used.

Unfortunately having used 'Independent VW of Chandlers Ford', Southampton I thought I'd better warn you not to make the same mistake I did...

We sent our Mk3 Golf Gti to them on the back of a RAC truck for diagnosis of a starting fault, (turned out to be an engine speed sensor), but instead of calling us to confirm before ordering a £140 part and over the course of two days they managed to rack up a bill of £500 by including an 85000 mile service that we had asked the cost of but requested to be contacted before following out.

Now we find that according to trading standards we have no rights at all and will have to take them to small claims court only after having paid the bill...

has anyone else had problems with these guys or on a brighter note able to suggest an honest VW independent in the southampton area?

Hey ho, guess it'll be back to the main dealers with our VW...

Was this Independent Car Sales & Servicing in avenger close, school lane, C/ford?