PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK3 TDI GL 156000K

Blockhead
26-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Hello All

Have just bought a '95 M reg Golf TDI GL as a second car to get me to work when I need it. I already have an 02 Passat TDI estate as a wife/kid transporter etc.. and love it. Anyway the Golf has 156000 on the clock but seems to run great. Bought it at auction for £450 as it had full VW service history up to 100000 and appears to have new cam belt and air filter fitted recently.

So far problems seem to be

- car runs great but gear change to reverse/first/second is really tricky. No nasty noises and clutch seems ok just really stiff and need to work it a bit to engage. First and reverse easy to hit/miss - any ideas what the fix might be?

- Temp guage not working. Is this easy to fix?

- Central locking seems to open and close windows at will. Luckily elec controls in car still work ok.

- Boot/Hatch lock wont open is knackered. Is it easy to fit a new lock?

Anyway was just wondering if there is anything else I should check that might need attention. Realise its basically a deluxe banger but would love to keep it going for as long as poss as a challenge. Also hear of these cars doing over 200K so could be good!

Will post how I get on with it if any interest.

Have had quite a few VWs but this is by far the oldest most in need of good looking after. Great forum have lurked for a while but first post.

Cheers!