PDA

View Full Version : Engine management light on

tonyjmoore
14-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Help!! I have a 2001 polo petrol 1.4 with AUA engine code. Recently the engine management light has been coming on,have taken to local garage who read the fault on a SNAP -ON reader,the result showing as-17586
(P1178)Heated Oxygen Sensor(HOS2)1,Bank 1,Pump Current-open circuit.
Probable Cause -open circuit HOS2. Have checked all connections to lambda sensors -1 on downpipe and 1 on cat'.-all seem o k. Light goes off occasionally and then returns.Engine runs fine apart from when stone cold when there is a slight misfire which soon clears.My nearest main dealer wants nearly £100 just to put it on their machine and report! I'm fairly sure it is one of the lambda sensors playing up but do not know which.. any ideas would be gratefully received Thanks :confused: :confused:

tonyjmoore
25-09-2006, 08:04 PM
update- engine now running fine after tracing to front lambda probe faulty-not cheap-part was £95 tony

louise74
26-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I have the same problem and my boyfriend mentioned the lambda sensors but I was not sure whether my golf gti 1.8T had them, do you know?

Was your total bill £95?

I have already had coil one replaced as that was faulty but the light has been coming on since been back twice for days at a time and the car is fine.. not sure even when cold it is misfiring, it just seems fine...

do you think it could be same problem?

Thanks for any advice