PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating 1.9 TDI at high speeds, stereo problem too

firstvw
25-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi,

I have purchased a 1.9 GT TDI 130 Golf and on my first drive on the motorway I found that the car seems to vibrate around the 80 mph mark, with the steering wheel shaking its not a particularly comfortable drive! It also seems to want to drift left.

Car has mileage of 115K and the garage did an MOT as part of the deal - said they had done the tracking as it was out. I am a complete beginner with things like this, but with the car vibrating like that and wanting to drift left, is that a problem with the tracking or something a lot more serious?

Also, radio lights up but can't get any reception for any station and it says No CD Changer when attempting to use the CD player. Could this have something to do with an in-car phone kit having been removed???

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks

Crasher
25-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello and welcome. First of all, get the wheels balanced.

firstvw
25-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Crasher. I take it that is not something that gets done during an MOT?

Crasher
25-11-2007, 08:27 PM
In an MOT!!!!! Not even during a service, certainly not during an MOT as they are not allowed to dismantle anything.

Spinks7
25-11-2007, 11:02 PM
problem with the raido could be to do with the fone kit been removed, because iam sure they would of wired it up so when the fone rings it turns the radio off. could just be not connected up probley at the back of the radio unit.

the only time you would get your wheels ballanced is when you have just got some new tyres put on your car.some cars will pull to the left thought due to the camber of the road.