PDA

View Full Version : Hazards don't flash?

Bigman_10
22-11-2007, 06:11 PM
:1zhelp:hi guys i'm sort of new to this forum as i've only done a couple posts before but i had a bump (don't ask as i'm still annoyed and may accidently bite your head off, probably because i subconsiously know i could have prevented it) but the hazard warning light comes on but doesn't flash? what could this be? i hit the car in front and broke the left indicator and when i went to put the hazards on they didn't flash and after a short time there was smoke out of the drivers side air vent. none of the indicators work but sometimes when i put the right indicator on the right headlight comes on a little? what could this be the brake lights abnd reversing lights work fine but i'm not too good with the electrics. i had a look at the good old haynes manual and i think it may be the indicator flasher relay that has broken but it doesn't tell me where this relay is? also i think a wire may be shorting to make the headlight come on sometimes? any help much appreciated thanks chris!

oh yes forgot to mention its a 1990 1.3L

Ben
22-11-2007, 09:27 PM
to me it sounds like a possibe electrical fault in the front light cluster, the electrical fault (short) could possible have damaged the flasher unit.

Bennycattrall
23-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Could be a blown relay as well. Happened to me.
Check through a wiring diagram, follow the wires and check with a voltmeter