PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge/electrical issues!

Bennycattrall
22-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi there all,
New here so be nice!
Anyway, i've got me a 1989 MK2 Golf that i'm in the process of modifying (2.0 litre turbo etc) and i'm ok with mechanical stuff and most electrical stuff....
but i'm at a loss if i know how to sort my fuel gauge!
I know the sender is ok, i rekon it's somewhere up in the dash.

So, if anyone could throw some light on that, or even better show me the way to an electrical diagram for the car i would be very grateful!

Cheers, Benny :1zhelp:

P.s. if this is in the wrong place, i'm sorry!!!!!

blaconbomber
05-12-2007, 12:00 AM
mate ive got the diagrams but i aint got a scanner to throw them up on web for you my best suggestion would be get on ebay and get a haynes they go from 2 to 5 quid or so, good look fella the electics are a bitch when they start lol you could even end up finding that a fault with your interior light is causing your fuel guage fault or something equally as bizarre and impossible

erico
22-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi,
I realize this is an old post and that someone might have already given you this solution .

Disconnect the sender connector, ground the connector (somewhere on the frame of the car) with the ignition in the on position, the indicator will show a full tank with a grounded sender connector. If you do not see full indicated on the fuel indicator then the indicator itself is bad. Schematic not required. This method works for all older cars.

regards.