PDA

View Full Version : How do I check Ignition Timing with VAGCOM?

dom77
22-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello have been having some running problems with my 1997 Polo 1.4 16V and I would like to check that the ignition timing is correct.
I think that the distributor may have been moved by someone in the past to offset the fact that they put the cam belt on a tooth or two out, and now that I have replaced the cam belt correctly (and checked several times) it does not run right.

I've been told that you need to do it with VAGCOM but I cant find any guides, can someone please help?

Cheers

Dom

Dollso
22-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Get a hold of the ElsaWin software (about £5 on eBay) it's what the VW Dealers use and it's a great thing to have on your laptop along with VAG-COM

Sam
22-11-2007, 04:54 PM
The reason the Dealers use it is because it is Dealer only software.

If you do buy it on ebay you will be buying an ilegal copy.

Dollso
22-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Do you work for a dealership or something? pull that stick out off your ***.. no one here cares about the legality of said software, their here to try and fix their cars without the expense of a visit to a dealership... Get the software anyway you can.. god will not kill a kitten because of it :aargh4:

Sam
23-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Do you work for a dealership or something?

Nope

pull that stick out off your ***..

Stick?

no one here cares about the legality of said software,

I wasn't aware you were the forum spokesperson.

their here to try and fix their cars without the expense of a visit to a dealership...

And I'm here to help them do that.

Get the software anyway you can.. god will not kill a kitten because of it :aargh4:

Nope, you're right, kittens are safe.

I was going to just ignore what you said, but coupled with your other post...

Farewell ;)

jak
02-12-2007, 07:07 PM
You may be sorted by now ,but have a look on rosstech site. I've used it,but only on tdi.
John

1.9 TDI Sharan
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
You may be sorted by now ,but have a look on rosstech site. I've used it,but only on tdi.
John

Is it possible to get timing on a tdi using the shareware of vag com? Sorry to hijack post.