PDA

View Full Version : CD Player Problems

althommo
21-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi
I bought a new A4 Avant SE (140 TDi) in June

Being tight with the cash I went for the standard car and just missed out on a 'Bose for free' deal when I ordered in April!

I'm now having trouble with the CD player that is fitted as standard. It plays for anything between 1 and 20 mins then stops.

If you try to eject the CD it gives an error message: CD Error - Service and doesn't eject

Turn the car off and walk away - when you return it starts working again (on most occassions)

Some might say the cd player has got taste and doesn't like my musical choices!! :biglaugh:

Has anyone else had this problem? - my local dealer says its a known fault and has placed an order for a replacement unit

How long have you had to wait for a replacement unit? - mines been 5 weeks so far and still waiting

Or have you complained about the delay and what alternatives have been suggested?

Any help would be appreciated before I start shouting at the dealer about how long this is taking! :zx11:

All the best
Alan

Stinky Pete
05-12-2007, 06:01 PM
My Audi CD player stops playing cds and comes up with error also.

Maybe they are cheap crap!

Good job I git ipod fitted.

Im going to take it back under warranty to get mine looked at.

RickT
05-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Not much you can do really apart from wait.. you could try calling Audi UK and try to get a free service out of them for the delay and supplying a part not fit for purpose..

You maybe luckly.. all the new units are now MP3 players as well....

(thats unless you had one already!!)

Rick

althommo
05-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Gents.

I've now spoken to Audi customer service who tell me there are 'many' people waiting for a fix and a new unit is on back order from Germany but they do not have a delivery date for the new units.

I suggested that there was an easy solution - to offer the 6 stack cd player that has been bundled with the Sat Nav offer recently

The response was that if I wanted that I should ask my dealer to approach Customer Service with this solution and push 'very hard' to get it for free!

I'm reluctant to do this at the moment as its just my luck that the new unit will be a better option and I'll also be left with a glove box that is useable.

Has anyone got the multi-changer? How does it perform?

Whats an MP3? :biglaugh:

All the best
Alan

RickT
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
MP3 is a format of music... ie you can have many MP3 on one CD.. normally around 4-5 albums..

see here for further info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3

In regards to the auto changer.. I have one.. They dont take up much room at all..

See pic below. - (excuse the mess in there!!)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/EDIT3.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/EDITCHANGER.jpg

Rick

VWG0LfDriV3r
18-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Gents.

I've now spoken to Audi customer service who tell me there are 'many' people waiting for a fix and a new unit is on back order from Germany but they do not have a delivery date for the new units.

I suggested that there was an easy solution - to offer the 6 stack cd player that has been bundled with the Sat Nav offer recently

The response was that if I wanted that I should ask my dealer to approach Customer Service with this solution and push 'very hard' to get it for free!

I'm reluctant to do this at the moment as its just my luck that the new unit will be a better option and I'll also be left with a glove box that is useable.

Has anyone got the multi-changer? How does it perform?

Whats an MP3? :biglaugh:

All the best
Alan
Hi,
I've got the same problem with the '6 CD in dash Radio/Cd Player'. Mine displays 'SERVICE' & all it does is spin the CD with no avail (no matter which CD tray I select). It even spins & churns away when the 'CD' button isn't selected i.e. listening to Radio & (wait for it) even when the key isn't in the ignition.
I tried to fool it by trying to load another CD but it knows that all trays "are full" & even holding the 'EJECT' button doesn't do anything.
Looking at the forum it appears there are faults known with the unit & as my golf is under warranty, I'm hoping they'll replace the unit but here's hoping....
Any ideas Anyone???

El Guapo
19-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Are all these problems with CD's that you have made yourself or are they actual CD albums etc?

extremehalo
20-03-2010, 01:54 PM
has any one more information on this problem?

It recently starting happening to my cd's and Im wondering if there is a fix?

Thanks