PDA

View Full Version : HELP please

kreamo
21-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone

i need some advice i currently own a toledo dsg sport ltd edition diesel auto with all the bells and whistles 07 model. I love it to bits it ticks all the right boxes for me.

Approx 2 weeks ago i noticed a knocking noise. This occurs when the auto is engaged in 2nd and only occurs when i take my foot off the accelerator without applying the brake in order to slow down. It's gradually getting louder any ideas as to what this could be before i book it in.

much appreciated

bora(ing) nick
21-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Gearbox problem???

With it being an 07, just book it in and let them fix it...

ps, welcome to the site

Nick

kreamo
21-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you for your responding so quickly.

Do toledos or VW' s in general have problems with there gearboxes????

Thanks

bora(ing) nick
21-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank you for your responding so quickly.

Do toledos or VW' s in general have problems with there gearboxes????

Thanks

Certain VW boxes yes.... i've not heard specifically of any fault with the Toledo box though...

Dealer should sort it out... it's what you've paid for;)

Nick

kreamo
21-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks nick i hope they do i'm just a touch anxious. The toledo was my second choice the first being the new touran. The toledo said to me value for money looks nice sporty, fully loaded etc. the touran said boring.

maybe boring is good.:confused:

Meister
27-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Take it back as it is under warranty.

Steve

kreamo
27-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Took it to the dealer last friday the technician heard the knock but could not diagnose, dealer then contacted seat uk who replied today the car is now booked in tomorrow and has to stay in approx 4 days in order to undergo tests. Now this is all well and good but i use the car to travel abroad and have a ticket to leave on the 9 December. I think i am basically screwed seriously thinking about changing the car

Meister
28-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Surely your dealer has offered you a loan car whilst they have yours !!

kreamo
28-11-2007, 11:20 AM
If waited to book it next tuesday then they would have given be a loan car. I simply can't wait therefore i haven't got one.