PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Broken bottom end on a 2000 1.8T QUATTRO SPORT Does other 1.8 fit??

andyhas
20-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi
Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction, there is a large hole appeared in the bottom end of the engine of my beloved 2000 W reg A4 1.8T QUATTRO Its knack,d !!! (150BHP, AJL ENGINE CODE) Gutted!!!!!! :zx11: Ihave tried everywhere to find a second hand engine and to no avail??? However the mechanic has given me a glimmer of hope, saying it may be possible to fit a bottom end from another model of 1.8? as all the top end bits seem fine?? he says it may be possible to make one from two, if that makes sense? He told me to look into it, therfor is this possible? if so what models or engine types should i look for?? Desperate for any advise!!!!

Thanks

andyhas

a8 tech
20-11-2007, 10:45 PM
ALL 1.8 turbo vag engines share the same block.The 225 bhp has stonger internals and i think the only other differance is the sump.The sump on the A4 and Passat are smaller than golf,a3,cupra,and octavia,so you would have to swap the sump over.Also if there is a differance in head gaskets you will have to work out the piston pretrusion for the thickness of the gasket.To be safe check with audi parts